Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 03-24-2010, 04:43 AM

I totally feel like I'm all over the place with my emotions. I want off this rollercoaster. Plus the things that are causing me to feel uneasy aren't the things that I thought would make me feel uneasy. Yet again it's because I'm comparing what I have with what my husband's new GF has (which is his actual physical presence). I've discovered that I'm not comfortable with sleepovers at this point. I thought I would be and that it would be no big deal since he's not here with me anyway. But all it did was to reinforce how lonely I am here by myself. You would think that it would be physical intimacy that would be a problem but my issue is with the cuddling. I miss being cuddled and held all night. And it's selfish and stupid but if I haven't been having it I'm not at the point that I'm ready to share that part of him with another. (Keep in mind we're still at less than a week since they first met).

So my solution for the time being was to ask on facebook if anyone wanted to be my cuddle buddy this weekend. With any luck if I can get myself some cuddles (from somone over 3 feet tall). I might be able to be more mature about this boundary of mine. I do know that it's silly so no one has to tell me that. My husband and I have also come to an agreement for the time being that he will text me when he gets home to tell me goodnight and that he loves me. For now that's what I need. I so wish I could process things quicker and just be ok with everything right off. I just don't work that way. And unfortunately not working that way makes me feel like a bad person.

And then there's the upside of the roller coaster where there's someone that I've been connecting with. I think about her a lot and I get excited when I know I'm going to see her. I'm just trying to get a feel for how to procede with her though as there was a rather bad breech of boundaries on new years and I don't want to screw up again. So things are moving a little slowly there. But we do have a potential movie date for when I get home.

I feel like I'm a teenager going through nutty mood swings. By my age I should be over that. Next thing it will be pimples!

-Derby
Old 03-24-2010, 11:08 AM

Awwww, you must be missing him very much. I can see being envious of the other girl having free access to him while he and you are so far apart.

Also, I get you on the sleeping over bit. My gf (presently we've been together 14 mos) slept over on her 2nd date w a new bf A w/o checking w me first to see it I was cool with it. They didnt sleep together, she slept in his guest room, but it still hurt. But we talked it over and I allowed her to spend the night w him on their 3rd date. Soon after that tho, A's husband told A he wasnt cool with the sleepovers either! That's a big step in intimacy. You go at your own pace.

I am glad he's gonna text you good night every night. And good for you for arranging for cuddles w someone else, getting your needs met.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 58, living with:
miss pixi, 37, who is dating (NRE):
Master, 32
Old 03-24-2010, 01:41 PM

Thank you Magdlyn.
Old 03-24-2010, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derbylicious View Post

I feel like I'm a teenager going through nutty mood swings. By my age I should be over that. Next thing it will be pimples!

-Derby
Just don't squeeze Derby

I suggest dancing to take your mind off of things for a while... don't forget that things in the past are in the past

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Old 03-25-2010, 04:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoVCPHG View Post
Just don't squeeze Derby

I suggest dancing to take your mind off of things for a while... don't forget that things in the past are in the past
Don't squeeze Derby? But Derby likes to be squeezed
Old 03-25-2010, 04:20 AM

So everything worked out well tonight. My husband went out for his date and went back home for bed. I got to talk to him before he went to sleep for the night. I'm happy with how it went. I feel heard and important, and that goes a long way. He really is an awesome guy.

-Derby
Old 03-25-2010, 04:23 AM

Quote:
Don't squeeze Derby? But Derby likes to be squeezed
I was referring to your pimples LOL! I bet Derby is plenty squeezable..but don't tell Redpepper I said that I'm still healing from Saturday

Poly Events All Over

Last edited by MonoVCPHG; 03-25-2010 at 04:34 AM.
Old 03-25-2010, 04:26 AM

Hmmm you do know she reads these forums, right?

you're gonna get a spankin'
Old 03-25-2010, 04:35 AM

spanking doesn't leave the kind of marks I have....grrrr she is good!

Poly Events All Over
Old 03-25-2010, 07:12 AM

Quote:
So everything worked out well tonight. My husband went out for his date and went back home for bed. I got to talk to him before he went to sleep for the night. I'm happy with how it went. I feel heard and important, and that goes a long way. He really is an awesome guy.

-Derby
Glad it went better tonight.

Tags
anticipation, anxiety, emotions, nervous