Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 11-06-2013, 03:15 AM
Official Greeter

@ Inyourendo ... well I can't detect any across-the-board problems, more of a random assortment of different kinds of problems, other than I noticed several of the guys had some kind of mental/emotional issues going on. At first the homeless guy sounded the most scary, but then I thought I shouldn't assume that without knowing a few more specifics (such as what *kind* of trouble he gets into with the law; I mean we're not just talking parking tickets here are we).

I suppose I'm optimistic you just haven't found a good match for you out there so far, but probably will in due time.

@ Tonberry ... so you haven't asked a lot of guys, and the few you asked so far (due to circumstances? not enough interest?) turned you down. Maybe your husband is "picky in the end too," if it's basically just you two so far.

On the other hand, in my experience it just isn't all that common for people to "get together," especially long-term. Taking my case for example, by the time I decided I was interested in anything other than the traditional monogamous marriage I already had, I was really too old to garner much interest (let alone poly interest) on the dating scene. And is "young dating" all it's cracked up to be? Sometimes I get the impression one doesn't often meet someone who's *really* interesting in a long-term way.

Just some quick thoughts; I haven't exactly "made a science" out of any of this.
Old 11-06-2013, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdt26417 View Post
I haven't exactly "made a science" out of any of this.
Well DAMN IT! Here I was waiting for you to start up the science of poly classes and NOW you tell me you haven't made one yet. SHIT!
Old 11-06-2013, 04:48 AM
Official Greeter

Haha, I know right? Have no fear, teams of scientists from across the world are already gathering together to develop a syllabus. In the meantime, we have finger painting classes and drum beating classes which will help you work all that tension out and get comfortable in your body.
Old 11-13-2013, 11:39 PM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by zampana View Post
I can't help but wonder if poly ultimately works better for women than men? Many, many men love the idea of a relationship to someone who won't ask them to move in and have babies, who just wants to have a good time and who will be fine with them continuing to see other people.

Maybe it's just the women I've been meeting, but I find the opposite to be true - most women, if they're available and looking, seem to want to know that there's a commitment, that the man they're going to invest in will be willing to take it to the next level or whatever.
I find that many men find the idea of sharing a woman deeply offensive, even if they are not looking for true love. It is one thing to be single and out there, but once you have a ring on your finger or tell someone you are deeply committed AND looking, they tend to think you are going to lure them unto some crazy and strange threesome drama. This is ALSO true if the men themselves are in committed relationships!