Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

View Poll Results: Are you known to, and welcome among, all the people in your partners' life
All of them, just as much as if I were a spouse 7 36.84%
More than half of them 3 15.79%
Fewer than half of them 5 26.32%
Not at all. 4 21.05%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-28-2013, 02:49 AM

My family and Runic Wolf's family know Wendigo as my best friend, because that is what he was when they were introduced. All of our mutual friends who have asked know that we are seeing each other. Wendigo's wife was once in a quad with us, so obviously I'm known to her. We catch up when we can in the mornings when we pass in the parking lot after dropping the guys off at work. Since she is an author and writer/ copy editor and works from home, there isn't much opportunity for her to hang out (working 11 hours a day doesn't help.) As for their family, we're seen as friends. Up until a year ago, Wendgio lived with his wife's sister and her 2 kids. Prior to that, they shared property with his mother-in-law, brother-in-law, his brother-in-law's girlfriend and kids. This meant there wasn't a lot of privacy, so we would only visit occasionally. (And since at the time, the property was his mother-in-law's, they didn't want to risk her finding out that everything was not what it seemed. Everyone in the family know's he comes over to our house though, so it's just kind of stuck in their memory that we're really good friends. At the moment, our kids only know that we're best friends. His son is a senior in high school and just lost his virginity (though he doesn't know that Wendigo knows yet) and Wendigo felt that it would be better to explain the poly/ kinky thing after his son had a few relationships under his belt since he's just starting to explore his own sexuality.