Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 10-19-2013, 10:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchrodingersCat View Post
I'm sorry, this is completely irrelevant to your question, but I have to ask... Why the names "Plan A" and "Plan B?" I can't help but read that and think "my boyfriend is my backup plan, in case things don't work out with my husband, at least I won't be alone."
I said that in her last thread. She said it isn't that. I hmmed.
Old 10-20-2013, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchrodingersCat View Post
I'm sorry, this is completely irrelevant to your question, but I have to ask... Why the names "Plan A" and "Plan B?" I can't help but read that and think "my boyfriend is my backup plan, in case things don't work out with my husband, at least I won't be alone."
Revkah's answer in another thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revkah View Post
To London: I just named them plan A and plan B because that is what the letters of their first names are and I thought it was funny. Plan A and are are married and we have become stronger in the communication level of our relationship since this V has started.
. . .
We are all three still learning and we have shared with some of our close friends the status of who Plan B is in my life. We live in a really small area that is closed minded to this type of lifestyle but neither of us really care... lol
I have seen a lot of new to the forum people use just the first letter of their partner's name. Seem Rekah is doing the same, but added something she felt was humorous to it. Not surprisingly, it's not having that affect on strangers on the internet. Maybe that would be different in another setting, where we knew Rekah's sense of humor.

When I first read that my first thought was that, Plan B is an over the counter emergency contraception. Somewhat strange, but maybe not any stranger then the names I chose for my people. Which are colors in the Japanese language, how does one put color to a person? lol

In LTR of 20 years, married for 13 years to Kuroi
Didn't realize we had a poly type relationship in High school. Exploring poly again now that our Child is older.
Old 10-22-2013, 12:37 PM

Do your partners have an opinion about how to spend time with them?

Me sometimes i find it diffecult. My husband (not enthousiastic but trying poly) sometimes feels my time with the other is taken from his time. The boyfriend is willing, but also kind of doing what he wants sometimes. In the middle of this V i sometimes feel i'm more busy making them happy than considering my own needs and wishes!

When you split the time, what do you do about emails, text messages et cetera? When you're with one, do you have contact like this with the other?
Old 10-22-2013, 02:10 PM

I talk to Murf daily. He checks in with me for a few short conversations due to his and my work schedule. Butch I talk to often when we are apart. Not always daily. Butch has a problem with boundaries so it is best to be rigid with him. If it is important then he is to call or text me. Idol chitchat no. That is disrespectful to Murf .
In a V relationship with an average 60/40 split of time. Only due to Murf's and Butch's crappy work schedules.
Old 10-24-2013, 12:47 AM

Default Didn't mean to offend

Hi
Sorry it was in reference to the letters of their first name. I guess it goes easier with my friends because they do understand my humor. If I offended I apologize sincerely and be more cautious.