Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 11-27-2012, 05:39 AM

just want to say hi... I have fibromylgia, chronic gut problems and aspergers (woohoo!).

I'm used to people getting impatient with and critical of me because I can't do what I seem capable of. I suffered a lot of abuse and emotional neglect in my 2 marriages.

then, just the other day, my lover caught me wincing because it was a pretty bad day for pain. he freaked out a little that I was in pain, then I reminded him it's just the pain I'm in all the time but worse and he made such a sympathy face that I almost cried because it's so rare for people to feel compassion.
Old 10-23-2013, 01:44 AM

Default Old thread, new question

I'm curious if anyone here has turned to polyamory as a way to cope with the end of a physical relationship between partners due to the chronic illness of one of the people. I'm wondering how it might have worked out, if so?

I'm specifically talking about a couple who have already agreed that polyamory is in theory acceptable to both parties but have never had an actual poly relationship, who want to stay together despite things having changed from a romantic/ sexual relationship to a platonic, best friends, caregiver/patient type.

I understand everyone's experience will be different, but I'd love to hear any real life stories or advice from those who have been in this difficult position.

Tags
chronic pain, disabilities