Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 10-22-2013, 07:45 PM

Smile Hey, y'all

I'm Julie. I'm a pansexual, polyamorous ladyperson living in the American South, navigating the political, sexual, and emotional tides. I do a fair job of it these days, I think.

Although the majority of my relationships have been with lesbian-identified women or transgendered men, I now find myself involved with a cisgendered man. He knew when we met that I was poly; he thought he never could be. Recently, however, we've opened our relationship and he's seeking, though with some reticence.

I'm not pushing him. I like to think I'm allowing him. I believe allowing another to be everything they are is necessary to truly seeing who they are, and truly seeing who they are must happen in order to truly love who they truly are. I want to be seen this way, too.

Because I'm someone who reads "opportunity" where another might read "struggle," I'm all about challenging myself to push and tug at limitations and expectations. And I love witnessing the same kind of push and tug in the people whom I love.

Life is weird and good and interesting.
Old 10-22-2013, 08:50 PM
Official Greeter

Hello Julie,
Welcome to our forum.

Sounds like you are not afraid of learning and change, even when it is scary. I take it you have pretty close emotional ties with this man you have gotten to know, even if your "comfort zone" (?) has tended to lie a little more along the feminine side.

Re:
Quote:
"Recently, however, we've opened our relationship and he's seeking, though with some reticence."
Reticence? Reluctance? Reticence is when the person in question just doesn't talk about it much, whereas reluctance would mean this is scary ground for him and he is just dipping his toes in the water.

Well, I'm interested in hearing more of your story, whatever you have to tell. If you start a new thread, post me a link to it on this thread and I'll follow it. In any case, I hope you'll enjoy your time on Polyamory.com and get to know a lot of people you can exchange ideas with.

Sincerely,
Kevin T.