Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 06-24-2009, 04:35 PM

Default New to forum

Hi, just joined this forum because I am new to polyamory and struggling with jealousy issues, and I could use some advice and moral support. Thanks.
Old 06-25-2009, 03:14 PM

Default Hi Merricat

I'm new to this web site and style of life too !!

Did you get any replies on this jealousy issue?
Old 06-25-2009, 05:22 PM

Default Welcome

Just extending to you greetings and welcome. Heh... I myself am new on this forum as well. We.. all have our reasons for being here and from all I have read there is a weath, of experience here. The trick is asking the right questions I think. I am involved in my own mess so I regret that I am unable to offer you any clear insight into your concerns. Frankly to do so would most likely be a situation of the blind leading the blind. I would dare say that I am poly but yet I am still seeking a true sense of what that MEANS. To myself and to the others in my life. I pray that the inquiry you put forth here will be answered in a method that can best speak to your heart and mind. Good luck and best wishes.
Old 06-25-2009, 06:26 PM

Welcome! I am new here as well... we can find our way together.
Old 06-26-2009, 06:36 AM

Default Hi

Thanks for the reply - I guess in this new world of change, it's always a bit of the blind leading the blind, but I agree finding the web site, is a great comfort to know you are not alone, and there is certainly plenty of help !!

So the process can continue with these valuable insights, helping personal growth to happen in the most constructive way !!

Good luck on your journey !!
Old 06-26-2009, 04:26 PM

Thanks everyone for your replies and encouragement. I guess a lot of us are here for the same reasons, we are embarking on a journey into undiscovered territory. And I am sure that everyone's situation is very different. I have gotten a few replies to my post, and I am going to go look and see if I have any more now. Things are looking up a bit, which I suppose is something.
Old 06-28-2009, 12:06 AM

Smile

Welcome everyone. It's nice to have a working computer again to visit this forum with.

As for the jealousy issues it really depends on each person or situation. By that I mean are you the one that's jealous or is it one of your partners? Are you jealous of their time together apart from you or are they accidentally leaving you out? Is their connection/NRE (new relationship energy) stronger than what they feel for you?

Been there done all that and still fighting with a bit of the feeling left out part.

I'm in a triad consisting of me, my husband and our girlfriend. I'm still struggling with her passion for him that was so strong from the start and her slow to form feelings for me. I was very jealous of her passion for him and felt like a third wheel the first time we were all together.

I am very happy to say that we are all happy with being a triad and as with any relationship it takes work to keep it going and open and honest communication is what helped us a lot. When we talk we talk about everything from feelings, health, family to hobbies, theories and the weather. No subject is off limits but not all subjects interest all of us. So we don't have to all be present to talk about hobbies that we aren't all in to but we all try to be present to talk about relationship issues.

So that is my two cents on the subject. Feel free to ask any questions.
Old 07-01-2009, 12:29 PM

heyla and welcome