Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 03-12-2010, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandalin View Post
i think that is because women don't have a daily reminder of the size of our vaginas like a man does his penis. Heck it's easier for a male to measure their parts than a female, unless the female really wants to stick a ruler up there...anyone know of a round dildo shaped ruler?
haha!!!!

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Old 03-12-2010, 08:01 PM

http://sugarbank.com/2007/03/06/the-...fect-vibrator/

You asked, I have seen this before as a sort of gag gift

As for the conversation, I 100% empathize. No matter how often my partners say they love my package, I still feel inadequate. I have never once had a complaint, just social standards for large sizes is a lot of pressure. Especially when you are 6'5 and have size 15 feet. seriously there is always the concern they will be disappointed.

Last edited by Ariakas; 03-12-2010 at 08:05 PM.
Old 03-12-2010, 08:10 PM
Custodian

I prefer a small penis when it comes to giving a blow job because I can get the whole thing inside. Maybe my mouth is too short. Should I be insecure about that? What if my husband finds a woman who can fit his whole dick inside her mouth? Will he compare me to her? Will he love me less?

I was ok before I started worrying about this, now I just don't know if I am good enough.
Old 03-12-2010, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingRadiance View Post
Ultimately it comes down to you-you need to understand that MEN identify their manhood through the size of their package, but WOMEN do NOT identify manhood in their men, through the size of those mens packages.
not to be a dick (pardon the pun) but this isn't 100% true. I do know women who outright refuse to have sex with men with average penises. Luckily they advertise this need for a giant baby arm ahead of time so most men are scared off. But these girls do exist. Maybe I have the misfortune of continuing to meet them.

I really wish I could find the reference, a long time ago I found an odd reference for penis to vagina size matches. Pretty funny animal references. Spoke too soon, found it.

The Kama Sutra describes these various types as such:
  • The Hare Man is a lively individual with a slight body type and a gentle manner. His lingam is considered to be of the small variety and measures about six finger widths in length, which is equivalent to about 4 inches.
  • The Bull Man has a sturdy body and holds himself with esteem. He is considered of a medium size and his temperament is hearty and energetic. When erect, he measures about eight finger widths, or 51/2 inches.
  • The Stallion, or Horse Man, is the largest of the three. He is said to be tall and muscular and has a sense of adventurism and daring. He measures twelve finger widths, which equals about 8 inches.
  • The Deer Woman is the smallest of the types of women. She’s of slight build, is gentle, and it is said that her secretions smell like a new lotus blossom opening. Her yoni is narrow and not very deep, thus she is best pared with the Hare Man.
  • The Mare Woman has a medium-size yoni. She is said to be sturdy in body, and conducts life with a flare. Her personality is positive and sensuous. She is best suited to partner with a Bull Man, and her vulva area is full and generous.
  • The Elephant Woman is large boned and often has a taller-than-average body. She is affable and agreeable and can have a rather ruddy complexion. She is best partnered with a Stallion Man as he can bring her deep yoni the most pleasure.
Old 03-12-2010, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGirl View Post
I prefer a small penis when it comes to giving a blow job because I can get the whole thing inside. Maybe my mouth is too short. Should I be insecure about that? What if my husband finds a woman who can fit his whole dick inside her mouth? Will he compare me to her? Will he love me less?

I was ok before I started worrying about this, now I just don't know if I am good enough.
ouch way to turn that around on us. Do you know my ex She did this to my insecurities all the time haha...
Old 03-12-2010, 08:15 PM
Custodian

Quote:
I do know women who outright refuse to have sex with men with average penises. Luckily they advertise this need for a giant baby arm ahead of time so most men are scared off. But these girls do exist. Maybe I have the misfortune of continuing to meet them.
Any sex-instruction literature that says that "most women cannot tell the difference between penises of different sizes" was either:

A) written by a man with a very large penis

or

B) written by a woman who has had only one male sex partner

But as I indicated in my last post (which was only half-sarcastic), there are different uses for small penises versus large ones.
Old 03-12-2010, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingRadiance View Post
My bf has..... a larger package than my husband.
I have expressed my deep enjoyment of the experience of that inside of me....
I sure wish my girlfriend would be open and share that information with me! (I'm somewhat bi, and I like large penises too) Her silence about his big cock is tougher to deal with. All I know is that it is big.

Quote:
It's all well and good to note what your metamours do that your significant other enjoys. HOWEVER-it is JUST as important to note your OWN attributes that your significant other enjoys.
Wise words here. I'm so trying to do this myself.

As for vaginas, I do have a preference. I don't like small vaginas. Large vaginas are more fun for me to play with. I like playing with toys of a variety of shapes and sizes, and I love using my fingers. The more the merrier. I find large labia to be more visually appealing also. For me, a vagina feels good if it touches the sides of my penis. I don't desire a tight small one.
Old 03-13-2010, 10:17 PM

Default Comments Appreciated

Well, let me say 'thanks!' for the warm reception - it's much appreciated, and certainly well-received.

Vexxed - Definitely glad that she is open and expressive. This is our first foray into the poly world, and so far the single best result has been the remarkable increase in our communication. Really having to make sure the lines of communication are open, and that we're able to talk has been integral in making things work.

Breathesgirl, RickPlus - Good points, and thoughtful comments. This is the first time dealing with the NRE phenomenon, and I have been finding that with time and a chance to deal with my own thoughts and feelings that I have been a lot more secure in the closeness and strength of our bond. I guess it's a matter of internalizing what's been great growth in a lot of other areas, until this stops bothering me so much.

LovingRadiance - Thanks for sharing your viewpoint. I guess I just need to work on remembering the strong points and not let the insecurity bog me down so much, eh? I guess this is one of those things that will just fade over time with continued communication and a focus on the joy we find in our own intimate times together. Which, after all, it's not like they've gotten any less good, which is something that I should really keep in mind, I suppose!

To anyone who I didn't mention - thanks to you too, :-)

~T.
Old 03-13-2010, 10:31 PM

Very interesting viewpoints here...

One of my boyfriends is also concerned that his package doesn't please me, because he knows the other boyfriend is very well endowed. I keep trying to reassure him that he pleases me in ways that are different but just as pleasing.
Old 03-14-2010, 01:50 AM

Default A Deep Subject

Here's a long reply. I hope that most of you will find it entertaining at the very least, but I would like to open peoples minds to other perspectives.

I would like to point out that I really appreciate the the ladies have been honest and admitted that different size penises do feel different.

I also want to point out that many of us males would rather be the one to provide our ladies with the more intense penetration experience, rather than be appreciated for other sexual attributes or qualities. This feeling is very deep rooted, and I would say that it is almost primal.

Being able to receive oral sex more frequently in no way makes up for not being able to deliver more pressure during penetration. It doesn't for me. My penis is just slightly on the generous side of average, and my partners do not take it completely into their mouth, and I do not feel shorted by that. Also, I would not be impressed if a woman did. In fact, I would see it as evidence that my penis is smaller that I'd like for it to be, and it would have an overall negative impact on me. I have never been enthusiastic about receiving oral for that very reason. I've always wished that my penis were so thick that women would prefer not to give me oral sex. That would be an amazingly easy trade off for me.

As it is now, I don't reach orgasm during oral sex unless her bottom is in my face while doing 69. Then, her bottom being in my face turns me on, and overrides my lack of interest in receiving oral sex.

Regardless of how I feel about my penis, it turns me on to know that she has a well endowed lover, and that she likes the size of his penis. I guess that I live vicariously through well endowed guys, and that is OK with me. It has given me some very powerful fantasies, and some very intense orgasms. I've felt like I was buzzing. I saw stars while dreaming of such fantasies, or while reading forum replies (on other forums) from women that appreciate feeling "filled up".

One other thing that is behind my opinion of size is that I'm bi. I only enjoy receiving with males, and not giving. I've noticed a difference in the way penetration feels with different size penises. Thicker penises put more pressure on the prostate (or front wall of the vagina), and on the sensitive nerves at the opening (of either orifice). So, I have had first hand experience myself.

What do I do to be at peace while having sex with my girlfriend? I rely on being creative and romantic. Not necessarily at the same time either. I have realized that being "fun" goes a long. I have long had being "romantic" down pact. Now, I'm exploring being fun. At this point, my partner and I are just beginning to explore raw sex, meaning sex just for the sake of it, as if we are animals . Since we had been making love so much, this change up will make sex more fun. I'm also going to be more spontaneous, and even slightly more dominant. All with her positive approval.

I also use bigger dildos with her sometimes. That satisfies my primal urge to be the one filling her up. Also, she enjoys the slight stretching sensation. An added benefit of playing with larger dildos is that I've learned that 90% of women have vaginas that are 7" deep or less, when very aroused. So, I'm less intimidated by my partners vagina. Knowledge can really be power. I realize that I'm actually not far from filling it up to her limit with my own penis, even though I can't feel the end of her vagina with the tip of my penis. Doing those things may seem like strange fixes to some of you, but they keep me happy and functioning well, when it comes to sex with my partner. I struggle with insecurities about being boring when my girlfriend and I are not being physically intimate. That's what trips me up, but I have my own thread about that.

* Here's some information that may help some guys. The noted gynecologist Robert Latou Dickinson found the average maximum aroused AND stretched depth of the vagina to be 6". That measurement included the depth of the vulva. We can't feel the end of the vagina with 6" penises because some of the penis length is lost between the two bodies, depending on the position. Also, I believe that we press into the end of the vagina, yet we do not feel like we are actually venturing near the end. It is called the posterior fornix. Further, thickness makes more of a difference than length, for most people that enjoy being penetrated by a penis.

** Someone mentioned earlier that vaginas can't be measured easily. I disagree. All you need is a safe, clean, rigid phallic-like object, and a method of marking the spot that the edge of her labia will reach. Then, you measure the object later. I used a glass/pyrex dildo. At her absolute max, she took it to the flare on the base. So, the mark was already there. I measured it that night from the flare to the tip. It was 7". It didn't bend or squish down, and therefore gave a more accurate measurement. If you use a cucumber, you can make a mark with your fingernail right at the edge of her labia, when the cucumber is in as deep as possible. You will be suprised, only a minority of women are 8" +.

I know that what I've written will produce a variety of reactions. I'm prepared for it .