Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 10-13-2013, 08:09 PM

Default New to polyamory dating/ need advice and help

So I am married with the woman who introduced me to polyamory. We courted and had a child and never got to fully explore this relationship while being so "busy". Now we are starting it up again and I have no idea where to start or how to make this work.

I being a male feel like it is really hard to meet single woman with the notion of being married. I am unsure how to go about meeting prospective woman since any of the woman I used to know are not interested in this style of life or are not in my life anymore.

She more into women and has not had any problems meeting them, a lot have been older prospective friends. The one she is seeing now is not interested in being with us both. I am looking for a partner who would want to be with both of us, but does not have to be that way really.

I mostly would like some insight from both male and female side about any advice they may have or ideas of what I can do.

p.s. this was longer, but my computer died so this is the shortened version
Old 10-14-2013, 12:23 PM

While it may naturally happen, it is far more difficult and unlikely to find a woman who will be equally into both of you. If the opportunity appears then great, but don't expect it.

Lots of poly people utilize OKCupid, and when setting up their profiles make note of the fact that they are poly. You can do searches for key words, like polyamory, polyamorous. And be certain to put it in your own profile so others can find you.

Depending on where you live, some of the bigger cities may have meets where you can go and socialize with other like minded individuals.

Tags
dating, how to meet, meeting others, need advice, new to polyamory