Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 10-11-2013, 05:23 PM

Hey... is your relationship out to their friends and family.

Or are you the dirty little secret. What's going to happen for you during the holidays are you going to be included or shipped home until the coast is clear.

You think she is emotional now. Wait til that baby comes.

Honey you are young. Get out go to college. Make yourself stable and able to stand on your own two feet instead of hitching yourself toa train wreck.
In a V relationship with an average 60/40 split of time. Only due to Murf's and Butch's crappy work schedules.
Old 10-11-2013, 08:20 PM

What Dagferi said...

Seriously, this isn't going to go well, unless you can be out in the open, with full support from everyone, and nobody treats you as a dirty little secret. But it doesn't seem like the foundation is there, right now.

Frankly, I think you're 18 and have SO MUCH LEFT TO DO in life. The time to be in a poly relationship like you're describing is when you're bringing a rich, passionate set of experiences to the mix. Right now, and no insult is intended, you're bringing youth and that's great, that's wonderful, but it doesn't last. If you want to explore and have something last, go live your life and establish a foundation from which to build something wonderful.

Sadly, this doesn't sound wonderful.
Old 10-11-2013, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnet View Post
You cant give up on love.
Yes you can, and in many cases you should. Loving someone doesn't automatically make it healthy for you to be around them.
Old 10-12-2013, 01:18 AM

Gosh my daughter is going to be 16 in a few months and there is no way in Hell I'd let her shack it up with a married 25 year old and his pregnant wife. This is my mother's instinct speaking here.

Go to college, get an education, make yourself financially sufficient and yeah, boys your age may be immature but there's a reason for that. You learn how to evolve yourself in those relationships.

With being so young, are you sure it's "true love" and not some infatuation? I thought I would die when my boyfriend broke up with me my senior year (he was 5 years older than me) and within a few years, I realized it was "first love" "puppy love" and that there were many more opportunities of meeting the "one" but first, first I had to love myself before I could really fall in love with any one else. My next big love was my husband and that was 4 years later and after many flings with many boys.

I hope you decide to not go through with this. You have so much to experience and getting tied down with a couple and a baby is not where I would want to be if I could be 18 all over again.
Old 10-12-2013, 04:09 PM

I've realized you guys are right. I shouldn't give up everything for someone who wouldn't do the same for me. It's gonna be hard but if this is hhe best choice I guess I'll have to live with it.
Old 10-12-2013, 04:28 PM

(((hugs)))
Old 10-12-2013, 04:31 PM

Location: English Rose by birth; Calling the Southern Hemi home by choice.

I hope it works out for, Hey. *hugs*

My Blog
Old 10-12-2013, 04:38 PM

Quote:
I've realized you guys are right. I shouldn't give up everything for someone who wouldn't do the same for me. It's gonna be hard but if this is hhe best choice I guess I'll have to live with it.
I am glad to hear you say that. I hope you follow through for your own sake. I'm sorry you now have to process break up feelings. But choices in life are not always win or lose but "this stinks and that stinks... which stinks LESS?"

You made a good decision. There are MANY right ones out there. They don't always come at the right time. This one was not either. (From the sound of it.) that's ok. You had an experience. That can be valuable as you make your way and have other experiences.

You are 18. You were scared to death you will always come second with them, and with this new baby -- that complicates things further. You were right.

Remember that you are young and a lot of your feelings will come at you really strong. You have no yardstick to measure it by if they are first feelings. It feels really INTENSE. Talk to other people -- to help keep your perspective. (You did that -- so good for you!)

It isn't til the early 20's
that the human brain finishes growing. Give yourself and your peers the chance to finish doing that -- and enjoy your dating experiences in the meanwhile without making lifelong/permanent choices.

If you want to polyship -- life is long. You don't have to have it all in your late teens up at the front end of your young adulthood.

It's ok to spread it out some -- you will be ok. Hang in there!

hugs,
Galagirl

Last edited by GalaGirl; 10-12-2013 at 04:40 PM.

Tags
help advice new poly, young love triangle