Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 10-08-2013, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arisu View Post
I make it a point to say, every time we have a big talk (which lately has been at least once or twice a day or more), that I want them to be happy and that I do not want to 'get in their way' or control their relationship. I hope that dissuades their fears that I don't want to do this, because I love R very intensely (she's been better at showing it so far since my freakout last night), and I feel very strongly for S as well. I'm thinking I may just need to sit back and watch and wait for them to come back down to earth and realize that there is a third person down here!
A lot of wisdom there.
Old 10-08-2013, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arisu View Post
I'm thinking I may just need to sit back and watch and wait for them to come back down to earth and realize that there is a third person down here!
You don't have a lot of options. You've informed them of your feelings and made a few requests for action and they have decided they are not currently willing to comply. While this sucks on your end, I personally don't see that they are in the wrong... they are just acting in a way that isn't currently bringing you quite the compliance that you desire.

Having a couple of big long intense talks about an issue every day is not going to bring you the outcome you want. All it is going to do is let them know that you are "freaking out".

Start working on you and let them be them.

Me: male, 40, straight, single
Old 10-08-2013, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
You don't have a lot of options. You've informed them of your feelings and made a few requests for action and they have decided they are not currently willing to comply. While this sucks on your end, I personally don't see that they are in the wrong... they are just acting in a way that isn't currently bringing you quite the compliance that you desire.

Having a couple of big long intense talks about an issue every day is not going to bring you the outcome you want. All it is going to do is let them know that you are "freaking out".

Start working on you and let them be them.
Thanks to everyone here, I am feeling much more confident that all will be well! And to Marcus, that last line really made sense, thank you!