Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 10-06-2013, 01:33 PM

What's weird is I've been at companies with the same insurance co. who did that offer that. This job is the first place I had seen it.
Merry: Tig's wife/slave
NT: Merry's boyfriend/owner
Elle: NT and Merry girlfriend
Umbra: Elle's Dom
Pet: Umbra's slave/wife, Elle girlfriend
Domo: Pet's submissive
Old 10-06-2013, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CattivaGattina View Post
What's weird is I've been at companies with the same insurance co. who did that offer that. This job is the first place I had seen it.
What is the insurance company? Could be a good bit of business for them if they actually offer plans that can apply to a poly family.
Old 10-06-2013, 06:04 PM

Anthem Blue Cross/Blue Shield
Merry: Tig's wife/slave
NT: Merry's boyfriend/owner
Elle: NT and Merry girlfriend
Umbra: Elle's Dom
Pet: Umbra's slave/wife, Elle girlfriend
Domo: Pet's submissive
Old 10-07-2013, 01:40 AM
Banned

Default There is only company that has stepped forward

and has done the responsible, right thing to do which doesn't always make good business sense, however healthcare is one of those industries wherein it cannot be successfully run if those in charge pretend it is the same entity as a business. The problem is that you cannot put a price on the cost-cutting strategy since the industry does not deal with widgets, the "product" that is their business is Human life.

But enough of my lecturing, if you are an employee of a business that is run by the parent company "PeaceHealth" then so long as you share the same residence with your partner then yes, you can include her and she can be covered by your insurance benefit plan.

I forget how long you need to have been living together, but it isn't very long, I think a year or two, but so long as you have been living together and continue to share the same residence, they will allow you to add them legally to your policy.

Unfortunately, this is only for the policies they offer as their employee benefit insurance. As far as I know you cannot purchase such a plan as no other company has decided to follow suit and do the right thing. Peacehealth is a medical group, as in a medical care provider and not technically in the medical insurance industry, so while they can choose what they can offer employees as an insurance benefit they cannot offer to the public as a service.

It would be worth checking out though, it would be awesome if they did go into the insurance business, because they would be strongly supported by a growing number of people who everyday choose to do the right thing, even when it is not the most convenient option

Peacehealth is a non-profit company here in the Pacific Northwest, and they implemented the plan I mentioned way back in 05 or 06, I think, they are an extremely fair company so I wouldn't be surprised if things had changed and it was the company mentioned in this thread by others

Last edited by Dirtclustit; 10-07-2013 at 01:47 AM.
Old 10-07-2013, 04:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtclustit View Post
and has done the responsible, right thing to do which doesn't always make good business sense, however healthcare is one of those industries wherein it cannot be successfully run if those in charge pretend it is the same entity as a business. The problem is that you cannot put a price on the cost-cutting strategy since the industry does not deal with widgets, the "product" that is their business is Human life.

But enough of my lecturing, if you are an employee of a business that is run by the parent company "PeaceHealth" then so long as you share the same residence with your partner then yes, you can include her and she can be covered by your insurance benefit plan.

I forget how long you need to have been living together, but it isn't very long, I think a year or two, but so long as you have been living together and continue to share the same residence, they will allow you to add them legally to your policy.

Unfortunately, this is only for the policies they offer as their employee benefit insurance. As far as I know you cannot purchase such a plan as no other company has decided to follow suit and do the right thing. Peacehealth is a medical group, as in a medical care provider and not technically in the medical insurance industry, so while they can choose what they can offer employees as an insurance benefit they cannot offer to the public as a service.

It would be worth checking out though, it would be awesome if they did go into the insurance business, because they would be strongly supported by a growing number of people who everyday choose to do the right thing, even when it is not the most convenient option

Peacehealth is a non-profit company here in the Pacific Northwest, and they implemented the plan I mentioned way back in 05 or 06, I think, they are an extremely fair company so I wouldn't be surprised if things had changed and it was the company mentioned in this thread by others
OP should look into Peacehealth since they are in Portland. The new company I work for will cover me a 100% after 90 days & 50% of my dependents. I was shocked due to their small size but one of the owners SO use to work for Premera & I think he's got some leeway on how the policy got structured. My last firm was bigger but I had to pay 30% of my premium & 100% of my dependents.