Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 10-03-2013, 02:23 PM

Things are looking up! Got a promotion and big raise this week, and my divorce is moving forward to being finalized (thought that won't happen til after the end of the year). Yes, the light at the end of the tunnel is getting closer.

"Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me." ~Bryan Ferry
"Love and the self are one . . ." ~Leo Buscaglia "

An excellent blog post against hierarchy in polyamory: http://solopoly.net/2014/10/31/why-i...short-version/
Old 10-03-2013, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycindie View Post
Things are looking up! Got a promotion and big raise this week, and my divorce is moving forward to being finalized (thought that won't happen til after the end of the year). Yes, the light at the end of the tunnel is getting closer.
That must be a relief. Congrats on the promotion!
Old 10-03-2013, 11:12 PM

Location: English Rose by birth; Calling the Southern Hemi home by choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycindie View Post
Congrats! I am really happy for you.

My Blog
Old 10-04-2013, 04:20 PM

Basement is gutted in the affected areas - just needs some time with the Shop-Vac, and then it's time to fog the mold out. I'll be glad to be able to use the basement again without cringing.

About damn time.

And, as an aside, who the hell frames in an enclosure (in wood and drywall) around the sump pump? Gee, ya think that area might, ya know, GET WET ONCE IN A WHILE?

At least the framing was easy to remove. Yuck.
Xena: Poly. In relationships with Chops and Noa, and dating others.
Noa: Married, Poly. In relationships with Chops and Xena (individually).

Blog thread: A Mono's Journey Into Poly-Land (or, "Aw hell, there's no road map?!")
Slightly more polished blog with a mono/poly focus: From Baltic to Boardwalk
Old 10-04-2013, 10:44 PM

Having a nice quiet evening in with my boys... Who I call Moose and Squirrel.... at Murf's house. Murf is working tonight a half shift. Damn adult responsibilities. But he has a truck payment that we didn't have before so he is picking up some overtime here and there.

He is only working a half shift so he will be coming home to me at Midnight.

Tomorrow car show time with the 1972 Camaro.
In a V relationship with an average 60/40 split of time. Only due to Murf's and Butch's crappy work schedules.
Old 10-05-2013, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagferi View Post
Tomorrow car show time with the 1972 Camaro.
Ooooo! I love cars. How fun!
Old 10-05-2013, 04:17 PM

I'm doing...alright. I blew my knee out several weeks back and I'm finally walking, albeit with pain, without a brace/support. As long as I remember to take my Motrin I'm okay. I had to miss 2 weeks of work, which hurt financially.

On a poly note, I met someone at a local gathering. She and I are getting along smashingly. She's smart, kinda geeky/nerdy, already poly. Downside is that I met her when she's having trouble with her boyfriend. I don't want to press because, honestly, I don't want to look like I'm trying to take advantage of her troubles. It's both wonderful and frustrating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouAreHere View Post
And, as an aside, who the hell frames in an enclosure (in wood and drywall) around the sump pump? Gee, ya think that area might, ya know, GET WET ONCE IN A WHILE?
They make moisture resistant drywall. It's what should be in your bathroom if your house was built in the past few years.
Old 10-05-2013, 08:49 PM

Had a shitty 2 weeks, with my ex calling social sevices because 1 - missed doing 1 homework assignment with my boy, 2 - i thought a video on utbe showing a dog trying to hump a clothed woman was funny, but when he showed it to her, she was shocked and horrified. Theyve interviewed all 3 of us and are hopfully closing the case, but its put a strain on me, and on my new, beautiful relationship.
Old 10-06-2013, 07:52 PM

Runic Wolf took me out for a wonderful pre-birthday dinner on Friday and we had an awesome time experimenting with wax play after we got home. Such amazing stress relief. Today I'm a little stressed out due to lack of caffeine and the ever growing dissatisfaction with my job which has lead to this round of resume re-writes and applications. My neck is tense and my back hurts, but soon Runic Wolf will be back with some corn/ gluten free caffeine for me.
Old 10-07-2013, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunicWolf View Post
They make moisture resistant drywall. It's what should be in your bathroom if your house was built in the past few years.
They do. Too bad the previous owners didn't use any of it in the cellar (although with the amount of moisture that was trapped there, it may not have done any good after a while).

Wooden studs that were on the concrete floor around the sump pump were rotted (blackened and softened to the point where I could just kick them out to remove them), and the remaining drywall had gotten mold blooms on it. Insulation was a blackened nightmare. Yuck.

Electrical got cleared up as well, after P griped about what a hack job it was (maybe a DIY job from someone who knew just enough, but didn't know code). Wiring is much neater down there and we've gone from five separately switched lighting areas to two. Whee!

Cellar is now completely gutted after finding more mold in a corner we thought was unaffected. I guess there is no "unaffected" when it comes to a moldy cellar. Silly me. The Shop-Vac got a workout vacuuming up all the crud, and now the dehumidifier is running, getting the basement down to 20% humidity or less so we can spray concrobium and kill the mold dead once and for all.

I even bought the goggles, gloves, shoe covers, and plastic suits that go over your clothes. All out mold killing frenzy. I'm inclined to post pics.
Xena: Poly. In relationships with Chops and Noa, and dating others.
Noa: Married, Poly. In relationships with Chops and Xena (individually).

Blog thread: A Mono's Journey Into Poly-Land (or, "Aw hell, there's no road map?!")
Slightly more polished blog with a mono/poly focus: From Baltic to Boardwalk

Tags
checking in, chit-chat, community, conversation, status, update