Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-02-2013, 04:44 AM

Default Coming out?

I'd like to see if anybody has a particular style for how to come out as polyamorous to potential lovers?

I'm extremely interested in an old friend. He's coming to visit my current country in a few weeks and I not only have just a limited window to see if we can hit it off but I also have to "come out" as ethically nonmonogamous. The lovers I left behind when I immigrated have my complete support, and I know that they deserve recognition because they 've been a monumental part of my life. My experience in the past has been that lot of friends are willing to understand and support my life decisions but it's a completely different thing asking someone if they'd consider an ethically non-monogamous lifestyle. It took a lot of personal research and decision making to come to my own conclusion; I didn't have any poly friends or lovers to converse with so I don't have an idea of what I would want to tell someone I am interested in.

Tags
advice, coming out, coming out poly, coming out to kids, family, friends, invitations, mono, poly, quad, society, workplace