Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-30-2013, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CattivaGattina View Post
It's possible the cold sores may have been canker sores (sometimes the two look very similar).

I also have always tested negative for HSV 1 & 2, but did have canker sores when I was younger.
It is my understanding that herpes lesions are a pustule, often like a pus filled small pimple. Canker sores are like craters. You could have a herpes lesion and just think it's a small zit.

I used to get canker sores when I was younger and now put it down to a lack of vitamin B, because I was so often dieting and not eating many carbs (wheat products). My sister got canker sores worse than me and started taking a B supplement and they didn't recur.

So I went to my health clinic for a STD panel today. I asked for tests for HSV 1 and 2 (besides the other stuff). The dr tried to talk me out of it, citing that 90% of people worldwide have HSV 1, and then what would I tell new partners if I tested pos? I said, never mind all that, I just want to know. Results should be ready in a week.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

There's no lying in polyamory!

I'm a 58 year old woman with 2 partners:
miss pixi, my live-in gf, 36 (together since Jan '09)
Ginger, bf, 61, married, lives nearby (together since Jan '12)