Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

View Poll Results: Have you ever serenaded or sang or lip-synced or danced a song to your lover?~
All the time!~ ^_^ 4 28.57%
Once or twice, a few times.~ 5 35.71%
I did, and I can, but I will never do that again by choice.~ 1 7.14%
No, but it sounds romantic and sweet!~ I would!~ ^_^ 1 7.14%
No, it sounds romantic and sweet, but I wouldn't do that.~ 1 7.14%
I would never do that, it sounds horrible!~ 2 14.29%
I don't how I feel about it, maybe I'd try it, not sure.~ 0 0%
I am unable to do that for some reason other than my feelings about it (like a physical reason).~ 0 0%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-25-2013, 03:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColorsWolf View Post
"Talent" is only defined as something that appeals a large number of people.~

You don't have to have "talent" in order to sing or express yourself to your lover.~

Singing is simply another form of expression or art and therefore all singing and expression is beautiful and wonderful in its' own way.~
I would need to be ""talented" to take time to do something. I don't have time to do things I am not good at which in turn directly affects my enjoyment of it
Old 09-25-2013, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariakas View Post
I would need to be ""talented" to take time to do something. I don't have time to do things I am not good at which in turn directly affects my enjoyment of it
To each their own.~ *bows*
Old 09-29-2013, 12:03 AM

Did it once. It was during a dance at a mate's wedding. It was a moment where I only had eyes for her and no one else mattered but her. Don't know if it was the alcohol or the lyrics of the song, but I serenaded her privately. Those were the good old days. It's not likely to happen again.
Old 09-29-2013, 04:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Did it once. It was during a dance at a mate's wedding. It was a moment where I only had eyes for her and no one else mattered but her. Don't know if it was the alcohol or the lyrics of the song, but I serenaded her privately. Those were the good old days. It's not likely to happen again.
That was beautiful, man!~ ^_^
Old 09-29-2013, 08:24 PM
Official Greeter

Quote:
"Don't worry if it's not good enough
For anyone else to hear,
Just sing,
Sing a song."
This was a tricky poll for me to answer because I've never "sung" a song to my beloveds, however I did compose instrumental songs on the piano for them. So I marked that as "once or twice, a few times" on the poll, as there are two of those songs total (one for my late wife, and one for the hinge of the V I'm in). The title of each song is the name of the lady it's dedicated to.

Unfortunately, I never got good enough on the piano to play the songs anywhere near like they ought to be played. I used computer music writing programs to compose them, so I was able to extract them into MIDI format and they can be heard played rather well by the computer. Not *quite* as expressive as a human (like me) would like to do it, but pretty close, actually.

That's all from back in the good old days. For some reason I've lost my heart for the piano and music in general, I don't listen to much these days and haven't tinkled the ivories for like, five years. Just not feelin' it, YKWIM? but of all the songs I've ever composed (perhaps fifty or so?), those two songs remain my favorite compositions (heck, two of my favorite songs ever). Lots of heart and technique went into both of those.
Old 09-29-2013, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdt26417 View Post
This was a tricky poll for me to answer because I've never "sung" a song to my beloveds, however I did compose instrumental songs on the piano for them. So I marked that as "once or twice, a few times" on the poll, as there are two of those songs total (one for my late wife, and one for the hinge of the V I'm in). The title of each song is the name of the lady it's dedicated to.

Unfortunately, I never got good enough on the piano to play the songs anywhere near like they ought to be played. I used computer music writing programs to compose them, so I was able to extract them into MIDI format and they can be heard played rather well by the computer. Not *quite* as expressive as a human (like me) would like to do it, but pretty close, actually.

That's all from back in the good old days. For some reason I've lost my heart for the piano and music in general, I don't listen to much these days and haven't tinkled the ivories for like, five years. Just not feelin' it, YKWIM? but of all the songs I've ever composed (perhaps fifty or so?), those two songs remain my favorite compositions (heck, two of my favorite songs ever). Lots of heart and technique went into both of those.
That was beautiful, sad, and wonderful!~ ~_^
Old 09-29-2013, 09:00 PM
Official Greeter

Thanks,
Old 10-05-2013, 04:42 AM

I sing all the time. If only I had some talent at it... haha

But, yeah. I will sing to H often. Usually he thinks it's cheesy, sometimes it's sweet, sometimes it's just ridiculous.

D called me the other day specifically to sing to me, when we were both feeling kind of down about not having much time together. He also couldn't carry a tune in a bucket, but it made me feel amazing. He made a big deal for a while about how he doesn't sing in front of people (we have mutual friends who love karaoke) and that I would probably never hear him sing. The fact that he felt comfortable enough to do so was touching.
Old 10-05-2013, 07:05 AM
Official Greeter

Good for him.
Old 10-10-2013, 02:30 PM

I do that a lot. I love singing and I've sang to all of my partners. One of my partners has also sang to me a few times, once he played guitar and sang to me on Skype, I thought that was super sweet.

Tags
love, lover, music, serenade, sing