Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 09-19-2013, 10:49 PM

Default My Kids

Today has been a nice day. Weird start for that ending-but what the hell.

Sour Pea and I took Sweet Pea in for surgery on his ears (had some cysts in the lobes). Not a medical emergency, but they were painful.
That went smoothly.
He is VERY happy about it.

On our way in, we stopped to get drinks cinnamon rolls at a coffee shop.
Then we got lost at the hospital and had a blast together figuring out how to get from one building, across a creek, to the building we needed to be in. It was all pretty amusing.

Afterward we went shopping, got a few books, a few blouses, a couple bras, and prescriptions filled.

We all have just really enjoyed hanging out together and enjoying the day.
Old 09-22-2013, 02:19 AM

Today GG and I took the kids (and one grandson) to a fall harvest festival. It was cold, but it was nice to see them enjoying themselves.
It wasn't relaxing (chasing a two year old never is) but it was amusing and fun-filled.
Old 09-24-2013, 05:49 PM

Default Lack of Sleep

The lack of sleep is getting to Maca. He's been gone a week. He can't sleep for shit alone, this has been true for all of the years I've known him.
I find it notable, that due to financial woes, growing up, he and his dad rented a small room and therefore shared a bed also.

Anyway, he's struggling because he can't sleep. There's a possibility of getting his sleeping pill amount increased-after he is home and can see the dr. But in the meantime, there's not much to be done.

Unfortunately, sleep causes all sorts of other issues, including being more accident prone, grumpier, higher insecurity etc.

I empathize. I don't have an issue sleeping alone. But there are other things I struggle with when I'm the one who is all alone (which I'm not when he works out of town, because GG is here). All of which also affect my being more accident prone, less attentive, grumpier, higher insecurity etc.

Interestingly enough-and on a good note, he's tracking it well and seeing that there isn't anything ELSE wrong. It's just lack of sleep and isolation. That doesn't make him feel better. But it does decrease the extra drama he could be creating (and isn't) by acting as if all of those emotions were "legit".

Anyway-we're all doing ok. But-I thought it interesting to note how lack of sleep is so destructive for a person.
Old 10-01-2013, 06:00 AM

I miss him.
It makes no difference that he is gone for work and not another lover...
Actually.... I think it does. Its worse. At least were he with another love I would feel good about him taking care of them. But he isn't. He is alone every night too. For a job.
Ugh.

Life is going well. Finished my first (of 3) tests for abnormal
Psych. Graded the 1st of 3 tests for the stats students. Turned in 2 papers for social psych. 5 to go and a group project for that class (and 3 tests).

GG is having some issues with work demands and family demands. Its heating up. He was hired for a set schedule and on call
For emergencies. But the newer boss is pressing for him to work a rotating disasterous schedule with 12-14 hr shifts instead of 8-10.
Its going to blow up one way or another. Either the boss will get educated by higher ups and get off his high horse or GG will be seeking employment elsewhere.
The kids are all well. We are spending lots of time together. We got new walking shoes today before going to the pool.
Friday I took them to Olive Garden.
Yesterday we walked to town (3.5 mi) for drinks at a coffee shop and browsed the toy store before walking home.

Tomorrow is piano lesons, go check out some sportycar the 13 yo wants to see and grab a new snowsuit for the grandbaby before crammin on school again.

No idea when Maca will be home next and no idea when GG's schedule will lighten up. Currently I am gone for school before he wakes and long asleep before he returns.
Old 10-01-2013, 05:08 PM

However, you post some "fun" fb pics when Maca is out of town.

Completely understand about worrying more about him when he is alone verses with someone else. I do the same. When I go out of town, I make sure his BFF knows and then I don't worry, because I know she will take care of both him and the kids. When he goes out of town with work, I worry more and will try to call more than if he's off with his buddies, especially if the BFF is there too (she usually is).
Old 10-01-2013, 11:45 PM

LOL! I get a LOT of flack over my fb posts to him. It's amazing how many people get utterly offended (its SO SIMPLE to make them not appear on a personal feed).

But-I just keep posting my "this is my page and if you need to un-friend me I won't take it personal" monologues.
Old 10-06-2013, 01:15 AM

Default Mis-read texts

AWKWARD! LOL!

Maca sends me a text that is pretty long, ends with "Need to shower and do laundry and cook"

I read cock.

My brain auto piloted (as my eyebrows went through the roof) to "well fuck. That wasn't a shock I was expecting to face while he was working in Kodiak."

I HAD brought up to him when he left the question of whether he was sticking to HIS personal current rule of no dating (he had expressed after the last fiasco that he needs to not date for awhile) in Kodiak or if I should expect that to change since he was going to be gone 6/8 weeks for 8-9 months.
He was adamant that he's not ready to deal with the headache or heartache of failed tries right now and therefore had no intention of dating.
Ok.

After he'd been there for awhile, I vaguely brought up the question of going out sometime for a Saturday night (his only day off is Sunday), dancing or bowling or whatever. He again brought up that he just really doesn't want to dick with the headache or heartache of failed efforts with someone and added that he was REALLY not interested in even seeing if there was potential, because in the long run, it would be a long distance relationship and he wasn't up for that at all.
OK.

He did agree that he needed to be able to get out of the apartment and get a break. He's managed to come up with alternative ideas. Cool.

So my thought process wasn't TOTALLY out of sync with the situation or scenarios (thought of not thinking that I was going to have to deal with that). Especially since he is HETERO HETERO HETERO with no flexible options.

But OMG it was SO FUNNY!
Old 10-06-2013, 01:24 AM

Location: English Rose by birth; Calling the Southern Hemi home by choice.

Well, LR, we know where your thoughts are, ma'am! I probably would have read it the same way and been like WTH?!

My Blog
Old 10-06-2013, 01:29 AM

Yeah-there are only so many weeks one can go before the mind becomes "gutter mush". lol
Old 10-06-2013, 01:36 AM

Location: English Rose by birth; Calling the Southern Hemi home by choice.

Lol. Gutter mush can be good from time to time. I welcome it.

My Blog

Tags
commitment, family oriented, love, lovingradiance, progress, v formation, vee dynamics