Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-16-2013, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingRadiance View Post
Colors-

one issue I see is this;

There is a HUGE pressure inside of a BDSM community to instill upon everyone the NECESSITY of consent.
The idea that there isn't consent-negates it being BDSM altogether. Without consent, it's not BDSM, it's something altogether different.

So saying....
i'm ok if there is consent but otherwise I have an issue with it....
is like saying I'm ok with BDSM but I'm not ok with abuses that happen in the world that look similar to BDSM but in fact are not.

Which-is confusing in a thread devoted only to BDSM-and absolutely NOT supporting or approving of abuse in any form...
I would have thought the BDSM community, like london said, would have been all on board with the importance of consent, instead of jumping to unfounded conclusions.~

I never said I wasn't ok with BDSM, I merely explained my thought processes and why they are incompatible with BDSM play for me personally.~

Although, I don't know if this is related, but I also mentioned I would like to try out some VERY LIGHT whipping, not too hard spanking, not bloody scratching, and some biting I'll have to see how hard I like it I may like drawing blood with biting.~ ;3

Tags
bdsm, d/s, dominant, fetishes, metamours, poly, relationships, sex play, submissive