Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 09-13-2013, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post

Generally speaking, men certainly like to have sex, if that's what you mean - but so do women.
I meant that in my experience, men get more wigged out by their partner with other women then women do. THough this is certainly not the case with me, so i shouldnt make a generalization.
Old 09-13-2013, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorgeouskitten View Post
I meant that in my experience, men get more wigged out by their partner with other women then women do.
Hmmm, maybe. It wouldn't surprise me if there were a cultural bias toward one gender having a greater tendency to wig out about their partners having other lovers. I guess I just haven't seen anything which leads me to believe there is such a bias.

We should start running a gender tally of all of the "my partner is having sex with someone else and I'm wigging out" threads that pop up on these boards. Though that might only demonstrate which gender is more likely to post on an internet forum about it instead of which gender experiences the "wiggout" more frequently.

Me: male, 40, straight, single

Last edited by Marcus; 09-14-2013 at 01:02 AM.
Old 09-13-2013, 09:42 PM
Banned

Default I didn't mean to imply it was anything you posted

that seemed peculiar or unclear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorgeouskitten View Post
I feel like i should clarify what I had said, I was trying to say to the OP that if he was feeling his sexual needs were being neglected while his spouse is meeting both hers and someone elses, yeah that kinda sucks. Though the answer isnt neccessarily to try to "make" wife have any more sex with him, but maybe find is own partner or at least tell wife that he would desire more sex. I was encouraging him to get his needs met, but was also just curious he he would feel in the situation, whether right or wrong. i know a lot of men get touchy about sex

But sometimes I get the feeling that there are definitely disgruntled ex-spouses that haunt the board and have "poly" profiles, but it doesn't really seem like they are seriously attempting to help anyone who comes looking for support for any non-traditional relationship.

If I didn't know any better, I 'd say they may actually be attempting to sabotage young or fledgling polyamorists. At first I thought they were just jaded and bitter, to be honest it would be hard to tell the difference. Could it possibly be like the NRA and other right wing political groups that *look* like they are in support of a movement but they aren't getting paid 65k per year for nothin, they get paid to bring it down from the inside

what do you guys think?

Last edited by Dirtclustit; 09-13-2013 at 09:44 PM.
Old 09-14-2013, 12:54 AM

I think that is one helluva wackadoodle conspiracy theory!

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein
Old 09-14-2013, 05:25 AM

I think somebody's tin foil hat needs adjusting.
In a V relationship with an average 60/40 split of time. Only due to Murf's and Butch's crappy work schedules.
Old 09-14-2013, 09:50 AM
Banned

Default Damn, I am so sorry Marcus

I owe you an apology. I thought for sure there was no way you weren't some disgruntled spouse, I don't know what to say,

I am sorry

Tags
married and polyamorous, new to polyamory, opening a relationship, opening up a marriage, sexual frustration, unequal attention, vee