Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #271  
Old 09-10-2013, 09:25 AM
ColorsWolf's Avatar
ColorsWolf ColorsWolf is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: CA, U.S.A.
Posts: 360
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by london View Post
I never said it is a breeding ground for disease, I said mentioned bacteria. Over time, days, weeks, perhaps, it could cause disease, but over a day (I like to assume people bathe daily at least), it is a breeding ground for bacteria.

Ok, let's assume a person bathes in the morning and then throughout the day they are busy working or being a SAHP. Throughout the day, they pee, they defecate, they sweat - all this clings to those hairs under their arms, between their legs and bacteria thrives, all day, until the evening when it is reasonable they'd find time for another wash. Believe me, by mid afternoon, early evening, they don't smell very nice at all.
Then...if they don't like it they could...BATHE?...Or take a shower after their day is over?~ o.O?

I still don't get your point, do you mean to say that by shaving all their hair off they could avoid bathing?.....

Yeah go ahead shave your head and the rest your body, if you want to.~

Trying to argue that less hair equals more cleanliness is logical since you are less dirty because there is less of you to get dirty, but then you still have skin so why not get rid of that to, then the muscles, then the organs, and finally the bones? It's only logical.~

OR you could maybe WASH yourself when you get "too" dirty and see how that goes.~ Shaving is a personal preference choice, but your hair is no more a breeding ground for bacteria than other parts of your body no matter how shaven or without hair they are. Would you cut out your tongue to avoid mouth germs?~

AND YES when trying to "justify" non-elective circumcision through using the "hygiene" example THESE TWO THINGS ARE THE SAME, EXCEPT FORESKIN DOESN'T GROW BACK!!!

Don't even get me started on the sexist "non-elective" part of infant-circumcision or it's less popular name: FORCED INTENTIONAL INFANT GENITAL MUTILATION.~

Furthermore: if the Human male genital foreskin had SO many "disadvantages" to it why is EVERY SINGLE HUMAN MALE BORN WITH A GENITAL PENIS FORESKIN?! and why haven't we evolved or changed to be without it?!~

Did it ever occur to you or to any of those happy-go-lucky mutilating psychopaths that the Human male genital foreskin has NATURALLY BENEFICIAL CHARACTERISTICS THAT PERSISTS IN OUR OWN SPECIES BECAUSE IT IS ADVANTAGEOUS?!~

Take an anatomy class or google "Human male genitalia anatomy" and you might get this: "In male human anatomy, the foreskin is a double-layered fold of skin and mucous membrane that covers the glans penis and protects the urinary meatus when the penis is not erect."

and

"The World Health Organization states that functions of the foreskin include "keeping the glans moist, protecting the developing penis in utero, or enhancing sexual pleasure due to the presence of nerve receptors.""

This last one is the kicker "Regular washing under the foreskin was found to reduce the risk of numerous penile disorders."

Again we can ALL avoid SO many problems just by WASHING!!~

Seriously, I'm done saying this.~ Go never wash and shave and mutilate yourself all you want, I don't care.~ But if you and those religiously brainwashed psychopaths called "doctors" who misinform parents think you can force your way of life upon others, you are all seriously delusional.~

Last edited by ColorsWolf; 09-10-2013 at 10:19 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #272  
Old 09-10-2013, 09:50 AM
london london is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: UK - land of the free
Posts: 1,635
Default

Quote:
Then...if they don't like it they could...BATHE?...Or take a shower after their day is over?~ o.O?

I still don't get your point, do you mean to say that by shaving all their hair off they could avoid bathing?.....
But whilst they are at work, commuting from work, mixing with other people, they smell. Yes, I was the one who said the next reasonable time to bathe was in the evening, but all day, they smell of urine, blood, faeces, sweat, uric acid and anything else that seeps out of your pores and clings to the hairs under your arms and between your legs. Removing excess hair from these places prevents that so you stay fresher all day, between showers. Get it now? I don't like people I have to mix with in public to stink because it makes me heave.

Quote:
AND YES when trying to "justify" non-elective circumcision through using the "hygiene" example THESE TWO THINGS ARE THE SAME, EXCEPT FORESKIN DOESN'T GROW BACK!!!

Don't even get me started on the sexist "non-elective" part of infant-circumcision or it's less popular name: FORCED INTENTIONAL INFANT GENITAL MUTILATION.~
I have no idea why you keep bringing up circumcision. You can wash under foreskin at least once a day to maintain hygiene but you can't wash underneath hair nor get your deodrant onto your sweat glands where it needs to be. As you said, hair grows back and the person who owns the hair consents to it's removal so the two are completely, totally different and your use of bold just highlights how irrelevant this topic is.
Reply With Quote
  #273  
Old 09-10-2013, 10:20 PM
ColorsWolf's Avatar
ColorsWolf ColorsWolf is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: CA, U.S.A.
Posts: 360
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by london View Post
The two things are not even comparable. I am strongly against elective circumcision without medical indication. The reason I find excess body hair (particularly pubic and underarm) unhygienic is because blood, vaginal discharge, fecal matter, sweat and other substances that leak out of one's pores cling to the hair creating a warm, damp swamp - an ideal ground for bacteria to breed. This is what makes one stink. That is proven scientifically. There is also no way to get your deodorant where it needs to be if you have hair in the way.
Bold for emphasis.~ This is the point I was addressing that you made.~




london ~ "But whilst they are at work, commuting from work, mixing with other people, they smell. Yes, I was the one who said the next reasonable time to bathe was in the evening, but all day, they smell of urine, blood, faeces, sweat, uric acid and anything else that seeps out of your pores and clings to the hairs under your arms and between your legs. Removing excess hair from these places prevents that so you stay fresher all day, between showers. Get it now? I don't like people I have to mix with in public to stink because it makes me heave."


There are many functions of hair many of us may not even be aware of such as providing cushion to reduce friction during mating in the case of hair around the genital region and hair all over the body assists in the removal of sweat if not hindered by clothing (think of "wind-shield-wipers") which helps prevent bacteria from gathering.~

You may actually have to wash more often if you remove your hair from most areas of your body if not all.~ But hey that's your choice.

I don't believe people would smell any better if they removed all their hair, if fact I believe they would smell worse since they no longer have that hair to help get rid of the sweat.~ You want to know what REALLY makes people smell horrible? It's what they put into their bodies, you will smell stronger of whatever you consume in large quantities for example: I often smell strongly of onions when I sweat since I love to eat them often even raw.~ The second factor is the fact that ignorant Humans will wear FAR too much clothing covering the MAJOR areas that produce sweat making the sweat no matter how hairless that area is unable to evaporate from the body because it gets soaked up by the clothing, all because Humans refuse all logic and reason and continue to wear clothing when it is not practical.~

Believe what you want and do what you want with your own body, but on this matter we are divided.~

Last edited by ColorsWolf; 09-10-2013 at 10:25 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #274  
Old 09-11-2013, 07:52 AM
london london is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: UK - land of the free
Posts: 1,635
Default

Quote:
here are many functions of hair many of us may not even be aware of such as providing cushion to reduce friction during mating in the case of hair around the genital region and hair all over the body assists in the removal of sweat if not hindered by clothing (think of "wind-shield-wipers") which helps prevent bacteria from gathering.~

You may actually have to wash more often if you remove your hair from most areas of your body if not all.~ But hey that's your choice.
I am talking about removing armpit hair and pubic hair. You have to wear clothes or you get arrested or will freeze to death. Sweat stays on hair, bacteria thrive, person stinks. Easy.

Quote:
I don't believe people would smell any better if they removed all their hair, if fact I believe they would smell worse since they no longer have that hair to help get rid of the sweat.
LOets talk armpits: you have hair there that stops your deodorant from getting to your sweat glands so already your armpits are sweating all day. The hair there traps the sweat in that furry little swamp and allows bacteria to thrive, that creates a stale smell that makes me heave. Having no hair there and using a good deodrant means that your armpits remain dry and the bacteria that we all have on our skin is not feeding on your sweat. No smell. No sweat, no smell.

Quote:
You want to know what REALLY makes people smell horrible? It's what they put into their bodies, you will smell stronger of whatever you consume in large quantities for example: I often smell strongly of onions when I sweat since I love to eat them often even raw.
Lovely.

Quote:
he second factor is the fact that ignorant Humans will wear FAR too much clothing covering the MAJOR areas that produce sweat making the sweat no matter how hairless that area is unable to evaporate from the body because it gets soaked up by the clothing, all because Humans refuse all logic and reason and continue to wear clothing when it is not practical.~
Dude, I live in England. It's fucking cold here. Are you suggesting we go around semi or totally nude? Why don't we just shave our armpits, wear deodorant and wear clothes too? That way we can be clean, not smelly and warm.
Reply With Quote
  #275  
Old 09-11-2013, 08:12 AM
Tonberry Tonberry is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,386
Default

Now, I totally agrees that stuff gets caught in hairs. I've hair untouched pubic hair, trimmed, completely waxed, etc, and it's true that during my period some blood gets into the hairs. So I wash there, and to be honest I prefer having that obvious sign that I need to wash, because without it, I might not think about it, and it would be gross.

I do wish people didn't think of bidets in such a negative light though. People here seem to think of it as something that squirts water up your ass, but I've never encountered a bidet that had that function.
Really, it's like a sink. We have sinks because we need to wash our hands more often that our whole bodies. It would be silly to take a new bath or shower every time we wash our hands.
Similarly, we really should clean our genitals and asses more often than the rest of our bodies. I personally like the option to wash them after using the bathroom, in the same way that I wash my hands, and I like having the option to wash off during my period without needing to take another shower multiple times a day.

I wish bidets were more commonplace in North America because of that.

But I totally understands that we need to adapt to our life constraints. If it's more practical for you to trim so that when you use public bathrooms, it's less of a mess, because you have to wait until the evening to actually wash properly, that's fine. But that doesn't mean everyone who doesn't shave is dirty.
Some people think of shaving or waxing as something that avoids the hassle of cleaning with water and soap. Others find that shaving/waxing is the bigger hassle for them or, like me, feel dirty just the same when they're shaved.
I mean I might wipe blood off my labia, but it's never going to clean it. It's taking some off on the paper, and spreading the rest more on my skin. I certainly don't feel cleaner after doing that until I properly wash with at least water, and preferably soap.
Reply With Quote
  #276  
Old 09-11-2013, 09:05 AM
london london is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: UK - land of the free
Posts: 1,635
Default

Just to clarify, it's not that i think shaving replaces washing, it's that i don't think you can wash properly/ stay fresh without removing excess hair.
Reply With Quote
  #277  
Old 09-11-2013, 10:52 AM
RunicWolf RunicWolf is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Syracuse, NY
Posts: 154
Default

You can maintain cleanliness with or without hair. Wash every now and again when it's important, like say daily showers, before/after sex, and so on. My choice to shave was not based on cleanliness or appearance. My pubic hairs where rather thick. Not having them there makes oral sex more enjoyable for my wife.

Also if your crotch stinks so heavily after a day that you feel the need to shave to help keep the stink at acceptable levels because it bothers you, I think there are other things at work here.
Reply With Quote
  #278  
Old 09-11-2013, 11:01 AM
london london is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: UK - land of the free
Posts: 1,635
Default

piss and blood stink. i am often aware of people who are menstruating or pissy when in an enclosed space with them. Someone just reminded me that I am particularly sensitive to smells and maybe that's why I feel so strongly about it but either way, I can smell when a woman is on, I can smell when she has residual piss clinging to her and I can smell people when they have been sweating all day and now smell stale. All makes me heave.
Reply With Quote
  #279  
Old 09-11-2013, 11:47 PM
ColorsWolf's Avatar
ColorsWolf ColorsWolf is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: CA, U.S.A.
Posts: 360
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonberry View Post
Now, I totally agrees that stuff gets caught in hairs. I've hair untouched pubic hair, trimmed, completely waxed, etc, and it's true that during my period some blood gets into the hairs. So I wash there, and to be honest I prefer having that obvious sign that I need to wash, because without it, I might not think about it, and it would be gross.

I do wish people didn't think of bidets in such a negative light though. People here seem to think of it as something that squirts water up your ass, but I've never encountered a bidet that had that function.
Really, it's like a sink. We have sinks because we need to wash our hands more often that our whole bodies. It would be silly to take a new bath or shower every time we wash our hands.
Similarly, we really should clean our genitals and asses more often than the rest of our bodies. I personally like the option to wash them after using the bathroom, in the same way that I wash my hands, and I like having the option to wash off during my period without needing to take another shower multiple times a day.

I wish bidets were more commonplace in North America because of that.

But I totally understands that we need to adapt to our life constraints. If it's more practical for you to trim so that when you use public bathrooms, it's less of a mess, because you have to wait until the evening to actually wash properly, that's fine. But that doesn't mean everyone who doesn't shave is dirty.
Some people think of shaving or waxing as something that avoids the hassle of cleaning with water and soap. Others find that shaving/waxing is the bigger hassle for them or, like me, feel dirty just the same when they're shaved.
I mean I might wipe blood off my labia, but it's never going to clean it. It's taking some off on the paper, and spreading the rest more on my skin. I certainly don't feel cleaner after doing that until I properly wash with at least water, and preferably soap.
I 100% agree, especially with the part I put in bold.~ I do not understand how people can wipe themselves after defecating and think they are 'clean'.~ In fact many people from the middle-east often view Americans' cleaning habits as filthy and disgusting because of this very reason: dry-wiping is a poor-substitute for washing with soap and water also because paper is considered holy and to wipe your ass with it is considered blasphemous.~ Honestly, many of the things Americans think of as 'logical' I think are completely the opposite and I myself am an American born and raised.~



Quote:
Originally Posted by london View Post
piss and blood stink. i am often aware of people who are menstruating or pissy when in an enclosed space with them. Someone just reminded me that I am particularly sensitive to smells and maybe that's why I feel so strongly about it but either way, I can smell when a woman is on, I can smell when she has residual piss clinging to her and I can smell people when they have been sweating all day and now smell stale. All makes me heave.
I know the great many benefits and the great many disadvantages of having a highly sensitive sense of smell.~ I've learned to expose myself more and more often to a variety of smells both horrible and wonderful alike to me.~ By doing this I have slowly over the years diminished the number of things I find disgusting and that make me want to vomit.~ In a world full of horrible disgusting and wonderfully awesome smells, you almost have to train yourself to be able to withstand even the extremist of smells, it is definitely far from easy but it not impossible.~

Trying to change the world you live all at once is almost impossible, but learning how to toughen yourself up to it's many cruelties including smells is some thing you can work towards if you have the resolve to.~

Last edited by ColorsWolf; 09-12-2013 at 12:41 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #280  
Old 09-12-2013, 12:01 AM
ColorsWolf's Avatar
ColorsWolf ColorsWolf is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: CA, U.S.A.
Posts: 360
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by london View Post
I am talking about removing armpit hair and pubic hair. You have to wear clothes or you get arrested or will freeze to death...

Dude, I live in England. It's fucking cold here. Are you suggesting we go around semi or totally nude?
I'm talking practicality-wise meaning when it is too hot to wear clothing or when it is not too cold outside or in a temperature-controlled environment.~ Yes, unfortunately most Humans this millennium are far too brainwashed by their own stupidity to see logic and reason and they would be much better off in many respects by discarding their useless sentiments of 'shame' and self-hatred in my opinion.~

Fortunately there seems to be some hope for the species with the rising numbers of those able to see the logic of being only clothed when practical and logical and they have made great strides in securing safe havens for others who have broken free of the brainwashing of the society they were born into and finally see a small bit of logic in an illogical Human created world, they often label this behavior as 'nudism' but it is not a new concept or way of living it simply is a return back to the way we are born before the brainwashing of moronic and illogical societies' way of 'thinking' if they can even call it that.~
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bush, genitalia, grooming, hair, physical health, preferences, pubic, shave, shaving

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:59 AM.