Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Articles

Notices

Old 08-23-2013, 04:02 PM
Banned

Default Hi Delphinius

I am having trouble discerning if your comment has a derogatory tone too, I don't think it's OK to "open and honest" about "everything" with children.

Only what is appropriate for their age

There is absolutely no difference of what is appropriate to divulge to children between poly and traditional relationships. I personally would not stress my children out about finances. That is a parents job and certain things I don't divulge to my children because I believe kids should not be burdened with adult life.

I understand that there is bitterness when people end relationships, but I personally believe that when a person goes to a child and questions them about their parents intimate relationships, that is extremely vindictive, and it's that behavior that is the abuse.

People justify their hatred and it's pretty disgusting when they justify confronting a child about things.

Do either of you honestly believe that a child would come up with such questions on their own?

Do you seriously believe that when the child does question their parents that it wasn't brought up by some adult who is upset, bitter, or full of hate?

Unfortunately sometimes it is appropriate to educate a child that there are vicious people in the world who would do such a thing, so some parents do have to inform their children about the ravenous wolves who wear sheep's clothing.

That's just life, but hopefully society is reaching a tipping point where it doesn't matter if you are poly, gay, black, any kind of person, when we all refuse to tolerate subtle hatred, we can change the world.

Because that is what it takes, even when we have laws written to protect against hate, we still have to combat the subtle attempts to marginalize minorities.
Old 09-04-2013, 03:32 PM

Default New Article

this weeks column is up:

http://www.mommyish.com/2013/09/04/p...-for-marriage/
Old 09-08-2013, 10:34 PM

I'd read this article a few days ago and was very thrilled to see that it was from a different poly mom than the other article. ♥

I really enjoyed it. You made some really great points and I'm glad that things are going so well for you all!

♥Sky
Old 09-09-2013, 02:23 PM

thank you! I'll post this weeks too
Old 02-05-2014, 11:02 PM

This will not end well for you. Your on the absolute fringe. No I'm not a anti-poly bigot just a person firmly grounded in harsh reality. Kids will bring up your "lifestyle" at school and then all hell will break loose as the public at large will see you as unfit parents and degenerate scum, (you ofcourse won't feel that way) sad harsh truth of what awaits any soon to be outted poly parent. Brace your selves it won't be pleasant and yes it will happen nothing you can say or do will stop the on coming storm.

Great you wanna have fun and explore love and pleasure with others but you can't have your cake and eat it to. Quit being so stupid and selfish and for once see the big picture and protect your children from the unimaginable pain that headed there way because of moronic choices you made/make.

Did you that's it's a proven fact that kids from poly families have 95% higher chance of drug use and teen pregnancy and hiv/std infection? Ofcourse not....your situation is different all will be roses and rainbows.

My wife tried to pull this crap on me and now she's a homeless wanna be online hooker who call's me daily begging for help. The havoc her choice caused our Nine year old daughter is beyond words, her school work/behavior, her self confidence wiped out, to ashamed to play with other children no matter how hard I triy to encourage her to be sociable and over come this mess her mother made of our lives. She can't understand why mommie did what she did and made daddy so sad. Truth be told neither can any member of "her " family. Brothers,sisters aunts,uncles all of them disowned her.

Go figure...No one to blame but herself...

Last edited by Cohagen; 02-05-2014 at 11:29 PM.
Old 02-05-2014, 11:34 PM

Cohagen, we do not allow name-calling here. Why have you joined this site? From this post (which is nothing but nastiness and bullshit) and your other one, it is obvious you are bitter and are not here to seek advice or discuss YOUR situation rationally.

Do not continue your tirade here, or you will be banned.

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein

Last edited by nycindie; 02-05-2014 at 11:36 PM.