Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 02-21-2010, 04:24 PM

Redpepper, Polynerdist, myself and another good friend went out to a Burlesque show last night. It was the first time I had seen one and it was great fun! I've seen plenty of "stripping" having 20 years in the navy LOL so I wasn't sure what this would be all about. The show was great and we all enjoyed outselves. Afterwards we hit the dance floor and felt some of that old pure energy and fun we did a long time ago. It was a reminder that there is a lot of simple things we enjoy as a family, couple and as individuals. I dropped Redpepper off feeling extremely connected and in love with her.

Thanks for a great night Redpepper, Polynerdist and our other friend
You guys sure have embraced this Mono Vanilla Cracker

Peace and Love
Mono

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over

Last edited by MonoVCPHG; 02-22-2010 at 04:58 AM.
Old 02-25-2010, 06:10 AM

Long story short i have a bunch of online friends because we all read the same webcomic (granted i've met some of them). For the 1st time the subject of poly came up on twitter. a bunch of us "came out" (we weren't hiding it, it just wasn't something that had come up before) and now there's a Wave (Google Wave) with like 10 of us, some poly some not all discussing it it a friendly, open, and accepting manner. It put a big smile on my face to know friends of mine are so open about it!
Old 02-28-2010, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyAce View Post
Long story short i have a bunch of online friends because we all read the same webcomic (granted i've met some of them). For the 1st time the subject of poly came up on twitter. a bunch of us "came out" (we weren't hiding it, it just wasn't something that had come up before) and now there's a Wave (Google Wave) with like 10 of us, some poly some not all discussing it it a friendly, open, and accepting manner. It put a big smile on my face to know friends of mine are so open about it!
This is great news my friend There is a freeedom in simply being able to speak in a safe and accepting environment. I'm glad you have found another one!

Mono

Poly Events All Over
Old 02-28-2010, 05:41 AM

What a weekend so far!!

Thursday was the official start to Redpepper and my weekend. Her, Polynerdist and I had the pleasure of meeting a fellow forum member for the first time face to face. She was engaging, beautiful and we look forward to getting to know her even more. She joined us in our monthly poly meeting and then we all went out for a quick drink and chat. It was an early night for us, as Redpepper and I had to catch a ferry to visit yet another forum member for the first time face to face. He also turned out to be an inviting, incredibly friendly and like-minded person who we had the privilege of spending the better part of an afternoon with.

While we were gone Polynerdist spent the afternoon with our other new friend mentioned in the first part of this post. I am keeping both their online identities out of this post in respect for their right to privacy. If they are ok with speaking up that is there choice.

Redpepper and I spent the night at a friends house (another poly friend) and spent the evening and next day with her.

We packed a lot in during our day and night away; discussions abounded from thoughts of the future to our idea of poly community and what that concept even means.

We returned home to a very welcoming and happy Polynerdist and son. Tomorrow we are having a couple over for supper with our chosen family. They are new to the idea of practicing poly and being able to simply listen to their concerns and give our support as friends with experience is proving to be very fulfilling.

This is an exciting and pivotal time in many ways. Friendships are being formed, plans for the future are being moved forward and we are connected as a couple and as chosen family. Very cool!

Poly Events All Over
Old 03-01-2010, 09:20 PM

It was my honour to meet you two and spend that afternoon, solving the problems of the world, and drinking some really good coffee ("OSO Negro" if I recall correctly! ).

Conversation was great and being able to put faces and voices to online names was great. It's such a great shame that we live on opposite sides of the continent, because I would love to do it again, and soon, and for the two of you to meet the others in my relationship.

"Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf." - Native American Proverb
Old 03-03-2010, 04:21 PM

Last night Redpepper and I went to an Erotica show to support the PEERS program (essentially Sex Trade Worker health/education/assistance I believe). We had a great time and a chat with a friend of mine who now does burlesque shows. I think a seed has been planted in Redpepper's mind about doing burlesque

While we were there I got a friendly and unexpected message from my ex-wife offering the opportunity for me to pick up tools, books and essentially anything else I want as she is selling the house. This was very exciting to me because when I left I only felt the need to take my bike, truck and my torque wrench LOL!! She even seemed open to having Redpepper come by with me to help.

Before the show, RP and I went to visit a local leatherworker to order her a belt as her b-day gift from her husband. Redpepper shocked her a bit when she mentioned that she had a husband and a boyfriend. She was cool and it was funny for all of us I think. We're gearing up for a big public BDSM event later this month....I am sooo in for it!

Other things have been happening as well with respect to possible new connections for RP and Polynerdist which is not my information to talk about beyond that but is very cool

On the weekend we got together with a couple working through an affair and exploring poly. It was one of the most relaxing visits I have had...natural and without any agenda. I was sitting on the couch very close to Polynerdist as RP sat on the floor. I was very aware of a sense of brotherhood with him and a true sense of family for all of us.

There is some very positive energy swirling around lately and it brings with it a sense of possibility and excitement for me.

Who knows what tomorrow will bring!

Poly Events All Over
Old 03-03-2010, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoVCPHG View Post
Redpepper, Polynerdist, myself and another good friend went out to a Burlesque show last night. It was the first time I had seen one and it was great fun!
Ooh, Burlesque shows are fun! I performed in one here on my wee island a few months ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyAce
and now there's a Wave (Google Wave) with like 10 of us, some poly some not all discussing it
That's so cool!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoVCPHG
While we were gone Polynerdist spent the afternoon with our other new friend mentioned in the first part of this post. I am keeping both their online identities out of this post in respect for their right to privacy. If they are ok with speaking up that is there choice.
Uhm, I guess that would be me. Uhm, and you're not keeping both their identities out of this post, seeing as you mentioned Polynerdist, silly.

I'm not going to pretend that I'm not incredibly shy and a tad overwhelmed, but I'm also feeling very loved and welcomed and safe. So, *ahem*, yes, that would be me.

There were about a zillion thoughts going through my head last night. Ok, maybe 20, but that's still a lot. I've written, rewritten and deleted a few posts.

I have to go work, but I'm sure there will be a lot to share in the next while. I'm very grateful to have found the poly group and to have met Mono, RP and PolyNerdist.
Old 03-03-2010, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CielDuMatin View Post
drinking some really good coffee ("OSO Negro" if I recall correctly! ).
Mmmm Oso... from Nelson.
Old 03-04-2010, 03:10 AM

[QUOTE=rolypoly;23369]

I'm not going to pretend that I'm not incredibly shy and a tad overwhelmed, but I'm also feeling very loved and welcomed and safe. So, *ahem*, yes, that would be me.

QUOTE]

I totally did not get that impression, how could anyone not welcome you??

OSO is from Nelson..cool!

Poly Events All Over
Old 03-04-2010, 06:36 AM

I hope that came out right....I meant that you are an easy person to welcome. We had a wonderful time chatting with you Roly Poly

Poly Events All Over

Tags
family, happiness, happy, hope, living situation, living together, love, moving in, open poly relationships, poly fi, success, vee