Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 09-04-2013, 07:08 PM
gorgeouskitten gorgeouskitten is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: New England
Posts: 364
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariakas View Post
You would be surprised.. I have met women repulsed by beards.. height etc. Its kind of funny to me..
It is interesting isnt it? now that you mention it, a guy recently shaved his beard and i was instantly less atracted to him. i love facial hair (though again, BF has none and i still find him very attractive)


If you say you also have long hair Im gonna start hitting on you. (i kid i kid)
__________________
keep on keeping on
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 09-04-2013, 07:12 PM
alibabe_muse's Avatar
alibabe_muse alibabe_muse is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: North Idaho
Posts: 346
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingedheart View Post
So what youre saying ... size matters Are there any other size requirements (minimums ) these new suitors should know about ?

A recently divorced male friend of mine is having the same problem with the weight (size ) of some of the lady's he's met on line. The dilemma is put the requirement in the profile page and weather the negative comments or waste a lot of time on first dates

LOL not always but it might, just depends on how well they know how to use it.

Yeah, a height requirement might be a good idea. I always check details but this guy didn't have his filled out. I don't worry about the negative comments, it's not like it's facebook where it appears on my wall for the world to see.

I'm very forthcoming on mine. I say I'm a bbw (I am told I'm not) but it's better safe to put that out there then the guy/girl has zero surprises.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 09-04-2013, 07:26 PM
alibabe_muse's Avatar
alibabe_muse alibabe_muse is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: North Idaho
Posts: 346
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagferi View Post
I am amazed at people who write potentially wonderful partners for superficial things bbeyond their control. Why judge a book solely by its cover.
Maybe I'm superficial, I don't think I am, but I have been with too many guys in my life (and I mean too many) to not know what I'm attracted to. Yes there is a possibility some chemistry might exist between a guy shorter than 5'11 and I could be missing out on something amazing. But with this guy, it was just more than his height.

When I married DH he had a head full of hair and no facial hair. For the last 12 years, shaves it bald and facial hair. But my attraction to some one new does not include the facial hair just the height.

When you met Murph it wasn't from an online dating site and that helps. For me, until I get the nerve to flirt with some of the hotties at the gym, I'm on-line.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 09-04-2013, 08:09 PM
Inyourendo's Avatar
Inyourendo Inyourendo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: sw missouri
Posts: 941
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagferi View Post
Unless a man had it done in adulthood that is within his control how?

I am amazed at people who write potentially wonderful partners for superficial things bbeyond their control. Why judge a book solely by its cover.
The same control a man has over his height
__________________
Sue, openly in a vee with Nate (polysexual, many fwb) and Sam (Mono)
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 09-04-2013, 08:22 PM
Dagferi's Avatar
Dagferi Dagferi is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,055
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inyourendo View Post
The same control a man has over his height
My point exactly.

Murf is very different in someways than any man I have dated. Past men 6ft plus.. 200lbs.. Usually very Nordic features. Murf is 5'6" brown eyes and hair. Very Irish in his features.
He has knocked me for a loop. His natural scent drives me nuts. First timehe kissed me my knees buckled. Hasn't let up in 17 months. in fact gets worse as time passes.
__________________
40 yo straight female
Married in the eyes of the government to Butch since 2001...
Murf my monogamous second husband has been with me since May of 2012.
In a V relationship with an average 60/40 split of time. Only due to Murf's and Butch's crappy work schedules.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 09-04-2013, 08:26 PM
nycindie's Avatar
nycindie nycindie is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: The Big Apple
Posts: 7,289
Default

It doesn't matter what your reason is. You're a grown-up, so if you want to cancel a date, then cancel it. To be honest, I was flabbergasted by the subject of your thread - do you really need people you don't know to tell you it's okay to cancel a date you don't want to go on? Don't go if you don't want to!
__________________
The world opens up... when you do.

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 09-04-2013, 08:37 PM
Inyourendo's Avatar
Inyourendo Inyourendo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: sw missouri
Posts: 941
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagferi View Post
My point exactly.

Murf is very different in someways than any man I have dated. Past men 6ft plus.. 200lbs.. Usually very Nordic features. Murf is 5'6" brown eyes and hair. Very Irish in his features.
He has knocked me for a loop. His natural scent drives me nuts. First timehe kissed me my knees buckled. Hasn't let up in 17 months. in fact gets worse as time passes.
Oh I get it. I personally never say never. Im not normally attracted to heavy set guys but here I am, seeing a 300 lb man and I think he's sexy
__________________
Sue, openly in a vee with Nate (polysexual, many fwb) and Sam (Mono)
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 09-04-2013, 09:00 PM
alibabe_muse's Avatar
alibabe_muse alibabe_muse is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: North Idaho
Posts: 346
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycindie View Post
It doesn't matter what your reason is. You're a grown-up, so if you want to cancel a date, then cancel it. To be honest, I was flabbergasted by the subject of your thread - do you really need people you don't know to tell you it's okay to cancel a date you don't want to go on? Don't go if you don't want to!
Well you can be flabergasted all you want. I didn't know there are rules for not being allowed to work through our thoughts here. If you read my OP you would have read through my thought process that I needed advice on how to tell the guy I wanted to cancel the date. Guess I'm a backwater retard in your opinion of me. I think this is the second time you've belittled a thread of mine that is important to me. I'm not sure why my "concerns" get treated this way by you, guess this forum is not a place for a bumpkin like me to come to.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 09-04-2013, 09:23 PM
nycindie's Avatar
nycindie nycindie is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: The Big Apple
Posts: 7,289
Default

Yep, I did read your OP, your thought process, and the entire thread, in fact. I personally don't understand why you wouldn't go out with a short guy, but hey, that's your choice and you're attracted to whatever you're attracted to so I saw no need to comment on that aspect of your post, as others have.

It's the part about wondering whether you should cancel it that gets me. You're an adult, so if you don't want to go, don't go. It's easy enough to call or text someone and say you can't make it or changed your mind. You don't have to tell him it's because you're prejudiced against short men. What is so befuddling about that?

That you think strangers on the internet would know better what you should do about saying yes or no to someone you haven't even met yet makes no sense to me. However, telling you my direct, objective opinion is not belittling you or stating any rules (?), so I don't know where you got that from what I wrote. You seem overly sensitive. I have no emotion connected to posting my reply, and no idea why you're reacting so melodramatically. I am just calling it as I see it, and this is a public message board, so take it or leave it.

I don't have any opinion of you. I don't recall any of your other threads, nor anything else about you, so I don't remember of my previous responses from any of them, but you can put me on your ignore list if you do not like blunt or direct responses.
__________________
The world opens up... when you do.

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 09-06-2013, 12:53 PM
gorgeouskitten gorgeouskitten is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: New England
Posts: 364
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagferi View Post
My point exactly.

Murf is very different in someways than any man I have dated. Past men 6ft plus.. 200lbs.. Usually very Nordic features. Murf is 5'6" brown eyes and hair. Very Irish in his features.
He has knocked me for a loop. His natural scent drives me nuts. First timehe kissed me my knees buckled. Hasn't let up in 17 months. in fact gets worse as time passes.
Dag, a lot of your posts about you and Murf sound so much like me and Nudge! Makes me smile
__________________
keep on keeping on
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
decision-making, independence

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:55 AM.