Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 09-04-2013, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alibabe_muse View Post
even though I'm short (5'2). Once I meet a guy and they aren't 5'11 or taller, my physical attraction to them disappears.
:

So what youre saying ... size matters Are there any other size requirements (minimums ) these new suitors should know about ?

A recently divorced male friend of mine is having the same problem with the weight (size ) of some of the lady's he's met on line. The dilemma is put the requirement in the profile page and weather the negative comments or waste a lot of time on first dates

Last edited by dingedheart; 09-04-2013 at 05:13 PM.
Old 09-04-2013, 04:59 PM

No offense.. But a man a smaller stature can kick as much butt as a taller man.

I am sure Murf would have no problems keeping me safe. A I am no wimp myself .
In a V relationship with an average 50/50 split of time between my two husbands.
Old 09-04-2013, 05:03 PM

You like what you like nothing wrong with that. I thought I liked what I liked as well until I met an amazing woman that was nothing like I usually go for visually.
Old 09-04-2013, 05:04 PM

No, its not wrong. When I hear a guy is circumcised my interest level goes way down.
Old 09-04-2013, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inyourendo View Post
No, its not wrong. When I hear a guy is circumcised my interest level goes way down.
Unless a man had it done in adulthood that is within his control how?

I am amazed at people who write potentially wonderful partners for superficial things bbeyond their control. Why judge a book solely by its cover.
In a V relationship with an average 50/50 split of time between my two husbands.
Old 09-04-2013, 06:40 PM

I find it fascinating what features people are attracted to. I had this conversation with a friend from work while we were running one day... Her thing? Forearms. And when she gave me an example, I thought, yup... if anyone has nice forearms, it's that guy.

Me, I like lots of things, but I will notice eyes, broad shoulders/back, and hands (oh boy - HANDS!) before I care about other things.

And if someone's scent turns me off, it's a "no" right out of the gate. Luckily, I haven't had to have that conversation with anyone, since they've all been off limits for one reason or another.
Xena: Poly. In a relationship with Chops. Dating others.
Noa: Married, Poly. In a relationship with Chops.

Blog thread: A Mono's Journey Into Poly-Land (or, "Aw hell, there's no road map?!")
Slightly more polished blog with a mono/poly focus: From Baltic to Boardwalk
Old 09-04-2013, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariakas View Post
You would be surprised.. I have met women repulsed by beards.. height etc. Its kind of funny to me..
I love beards & the height. DH is 6'2 & has a beard. But it's the height. I guess it makes me feel more feminine.
Old 09-04-2013, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagferi View Post
Unless a man had it done in adulthood that is within his control how?

I am amazed at people who write potentially wonderful partners for superficial things bbeyond their control. Why judge a book solely by its cover.
Foreskin is something thats a huge dealbreaker for a lot of people. It has caused a LOT of discussions both here and fetlife in the past. That one isn't surprising at all.

I have some funny horrible stories about my teenage years. My generation and my area, everyone was cut. I wasn't. Teenage girls can be rather heartless in their assessments of manhood..

I found it most interesting that the above poster had the affect the other way. I have rarely seen that.

Quote:
And if someone's scent turns me off, it's a "no" right out of the gate.
There is a genetic selection component to smell which makes this true for anyone. You could almost say its not a choice since its your genetics finding an appropriate match.

I know smell for me is the most important factor in any partner selection.
Old 09-04-2013, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magdlyn View Post
I admit I've got a thing for tall men too. My ex of 30 years was just my height. Before I met him I'd also been attracted to taller men. I'm 5'7" and somehow swoon over guys 6 foot tall or preferably taller. It's strange.

Ginger is 6'3". miss pixi is only 5'4" but that's ok because she's a girl!

I am kind of ashamed of my preference for tall men. But there you go. They make me feel little and protected I guess. Which is stupid because I like being tall and powerful.
Don't be ashamed, it's what I call about myself a "quirk". Even back in college shorter guys just didn't make me feel like a girlie girl (even though I am one). Now after three kids and a maturer body, my preference is much stronger.

I admit I am willing to see someone shorter than 5'11 but this guy I just didn't find as attractive as I first thought.
Old 09-04-2013, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouAreHere View Post
Me, I like lots of things, but I will notice eyes, broad shoulders/back, and hands (oh boy - HANDS!) before I care about other things.
OMG me too. And i happen to like blue eyes, but both my guys are hazel and still sexy as hell

Tags
decision-making, independence