Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 02-19-2010, 07:51 AM

Default Guess it's about time..

Maybe I should have started here before running my fingers off on a bunch of other threads, but oh well, what's done is done

I'm a bisexual polyamorous woman married to a wonderful man. We've been in a mostly monogamous phase of our relationship, 3.2 years in the making, while we got ourselves on solid ground in terms of finances, living together, understanding each other's backgrounds, and basically forming a really solid basis from which to date other people. When we started dating, before we got serious, I was seeing a couple people, so I was very upfront about being poly right from the get-go. Then when we started realizing how much we really meant to one another, we [I] decided to close off the relationship to other romances while we established ourselves. We got married in December, and things are going so well that it seemed like a good time to start dating recently, which has prompted me to get back into the poly circles. We moved to Saskatchewan a year and a half ago, a province with very small cities/towns and even smaller minds. So it's been a struggle to find other poly people, or at least poly-accepting people. And those that I have found have clicked more as friends than as romances.

I've been chatting with a few women through e-mail, and I've been completely upfront that I'm married and not looking for my soul-mate, but rather a semi-casual romantic relationship that may or may not grow into something more serious. I should point out that it was always a policy of mine not to look for soul mates because if they're out there and I'm meant to find them, the universe will arrange it. I prefer to look for companionship and adventure, and let things grow naturally as they're meant to.

I'm also trying to learn more about tantra, which isn't really related to this forum but something I felt like discussing anyway. If anyone knows some good online resources or workshops (I'm willing to travel within Canada), please share them with me. My husband is very experience in tantra, but without me having a good understanding of it, I'm unable to return the energy, and it ends up leaving him feel drained. I want to return the amazing gift he has given me...

That's about it for now, love what I've seen here so far and looking forward to getting to know you all better.

The most dangerous phrase in the English language is "we've always done it this way."
Old 02-19-2010, 04:40 PM

Welcome to the forums. Lots of Canadians here and I think a few in Sask too ...Thanks for you story
Old 02-19-2010, 04:53 PM

Welcome and thanks for sharing!

Mono

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over