Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 08-27-2013, 10:14 PM

Not all women get ir wear rings.
I have several married female friends who don't.
Old 08-27-2013, 11:57 PM

Default Not important?

Okay, so like most threads, this one got unraveled on several points. It seems that many people here don't consider the rings to be that important, it's the relationship that counts (seems to be common theme, especially with poly people). I can get behind that.

My only real point is that, for my own part, I really would not NOT wear a ring simply to showcase availability. Not particularly interested in relationships with someone I haven't talked with, and marital status of myself and my partners would come up right away, as soon as things headed that direction. I wouldn't care to date someone who took the lack of a ring to mean the relationship didn't really matter, or wasn't serious.

I also have an aversion to people thinking I'm cheating, but I wasn't really thinking about married people who just chose not to wear rings. So, for me, I'd appreciate if I were on a date, and all of us either did or didn't wear.

But that's my own preference, and not everyone's.
Old 08-28-2013, 12:00 AM

Default Availability

Oh, and I realize that probably would cause me to miss lots of opportunities. I know there was at least one person who said their partner would NOT have approached them if they'd worn a ring on first meeting. So, for them, it worked out (though I'd like to imagine that the person would have eventually approached them, no matter what, but that's romanticizing....)
Old 08-28-2013, 03:27 PM

Neither I nor my partner, we're secondaries wear our wedding rings. We didn't wear them before we got involved with each other either. I wouldn't have a problem if she wore her wedding ring when me and her were out together or if she wore it with her husband and took it off when she went out with me.

I guess my point is that the wedding ring doesn't matter in our case. If someone were to see us out together they would think we were a couple and that really all that matters to me.
Old 05-16-2014, 04:48 PM

Default engagement ring

Yea, pretty much. There are only a few situations that can get me to take my ring off my fingers. Things been planted there for going on twelve years at this point.

Tags
dating, marriage, ring, rings