Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 07-13-2013, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoringGuy View Post
Indie Indie Indie! Have you never had a pubic hair lodged like right in the back of your throat, almost in your windpipe?
Yes, I have. Yes, it's annoying. But I just hack it up, laugh about it, and continue with what I was doing. I don't see it as this big supporting reason for pube-scaping, to the degree that so many people have commented on it. I don't dislike bare, shaven pubes, but I prefer some bush.

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein
Old 07-13-2013, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariakas View Post
Holy fuck, cbt stands for cock and ball torture ..

My innocence is ruined..
oh jeebus. I am going to have to work so hard to keep a straight face at work now. I occasionally have to deal with conversations on Cognitive Behavioural Therapy.

Me: female, bi, (formerly hinge of a vee)
with FirstBoyFriend (FBF)(moderately long-distance)
and no longer with CurrentBoyFriend (CBF)(who lives in the apartment building next door)
Old 07-15-2013, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycindie View Post
Yes, I have. Yes, it's annoying. But I just hack it up, laugh about it, and continue with what I was doing. I don't see it as this big supporting reason for pube-scaping, to the degree that so many people have commented on it. I don't dislike bare, shaven pubes, but I prefer some bush.
This part of the thread is making me giggle...

My partner does prefer to shave, but it doesn't prevent the hair-in-the-back-of-the-throat 'gack' feeling when he's a fuzzy guy in general. It also doesn't prevent him from the "OW!" moment when my very-closely-spaced teeth pull one out on their own accord.

In other words, shaving does not guarantee safety.
Old 07-15-2013, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Really, I never understood what the big deal is over pulling out a hair and moving on. No, it's not pleasant, but it's just a part of what is happening. Centuries of people got hairs in their mouths during sex, why are people so delicate nowadays? LOL. I'd rather deal with a hair every now and then, than give up the fragrance of sex that pubic hair holds.
YES!!! I love pubic hair on guys.
I also started to have my own grow back a bit. Not to a full bush, but definitely not completely bare.

The shaving, it's such a HASSLE. And then the ingrown hairs, and keeping up, and the red spots, and itching etc. I have a very sensitive skin and never managed to get it smooth without red spots and ingrown hairs.

So far, no complaints from anyone. I only wish my guys would do the same
Old 07-15-2013, 08:28 PM

This thread just made me milk-thru-nose it.

I knew a girl once, she used to have a hay-day down there. It seemed every date was a new color and design down there. Ok, seriously? Who dyes their pubes?! And the designs? Yeah, time consumer.

OKC Profile

Me: bi, reformed wild-child turned mom and house maid LOL
Crux: straight/hypersexual, possibly mono?
BC: our son, 5 years
CM: second son 9 months.
Mouse: girlfriend! Status new, feelings not so much.
Old 07-16-2013, 03:03 AM

Nair the crotch and between the cheeks in the summer time (we run around naked a lot when it's too damn hot out). Wife shaves my back whenever it starts to annoy her. My last girlfriend offered to have her sister wax me (and I'm sure the offer is still on the table), but it never really appealed to me.
Old 08-23-2013, 02:47 AM

The wife told me if I wasn't a raging forest she would go down more often. So I started mowing the lawn. It was actually more like scorched earth. But in 2 days it itched like chicken pox with shingles. So I let it grow back. But then I started "trimming". Not bald, but short and soft. Now there isn't a forest, more like a putting green. The lady loves it and no more incesent itching.
Old 08-23-2013, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolyPaganHim View Post
Now there isn't a forest, more like a putting green.
LOL! Love this description!

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein
Old 08-24-2013, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Are there any men here who shave their pubic area and/or chest on a regular basis? Just wondering why you do it, and if you do it yourself or go somewhere to have it done. My new lover is completely shaven (chest, groin, balls, everything) and this is the first time I've ever been with a man who does that. A friend of mine wondered if he likes to wear leather underwear and maybe being shaved feels better for that - hahaha! I'm going to ask him his motivation next time we're together, but I'm interested in other perspectives from the guys out there. Thanks!
I'm glad I found this! I'm 34 and I have shaved "down there" for 15 years now. I've always hated having hair there. Last year, I asked my wife about what she'd think if I shaved from the neck down. She was indifferent about it but stated she helped her ex shave so I took the plunge. I've been cleanly shaven from the neck down for over a year now (except the arms...she won't let me do them and I wouldn't want people at work to know I shave anyway). I got past the ingrown hairs and rarely get them now because I've been doing this so long. I absolutely cannot stand body hair and think it's gross and disgusting, especially a full bush! I just don't subscribe to the social norm that men shouldn't shave body hair. I also don't think they should be chastised if they do shave/groom. Anyway she likes it, especially my back cleanly shaven and now she's so used to it that if I go a week or more without shaving I get comments about it. I love nothing more than her hands and fingers on my back during sex, especially with finger nails! I also tan too. I guess you could call me a metrosexual but I don't do nails and stuff LOL. I just don't want to be pale and hairy. I've spent all my life not really caring about how I look or being able to afford to do much about it and now I do.

The biggest problem that I run into sometimes are the red bumps that come up, particularly around the bikini line area, bum, and armpits. My solution is this. I have a small travel bottle that I use but I altered the recipe a bit to: 10 aspirins ground up with a mortar and pestle, 5 drops of glycerin, and enough water to fill the container (about a 1/4 cup maybe). I keep the bottle in the shower and after I'm done shaving, I shake vigorously and apply to my pubic area, bum, and pits like a tonic. I get very few red bumps afterward. A good, clean, sharp, 3 blade razor is perfect for this too.

As for shaving my "coinpurse" I found it best to shave it when it's a little cold...when it's all drawn up. If the nuts hang low I can't do it. A dip in a cup of cold water helps.

Last, I love a good shaved vaj, even it's still a little prickly. In fact, prickly is like sweet agony to me and it gets me off every time!

Last edited by ALpolyman; 08-24-2013 at 09:35 PM.
Old 09-06-2013, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolyPaganHim View Post
But then I started "trimming". Not bald, but short and soft. Now there isn't a forest, more like a putting green. The lady loves it and no more incesent itching.
This! I like my guys to at least...tidy up...Im actually a fan of it being all gone, but I wouldnt do it either so im not goingto ask them too.

Tags
bush, genitalia, grooming, hair, physical health, preferences, pubic, shave, shaving