Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 08-19-2013, 11:28 PM

I only managed to read the first page of replies to this. But, as a male... I got my first one word message. I figured women would be better at sending messages than men would... Possibly an offensive view, but I do view both genders as equal. But as a male, I feel like my version of messages vs. my SO's is that I'm short and to the point with no emotion and she can say stuff all poetic and nice.

So imagine my surprise when I had a message sent from a female on OKC that simply said: "Interested." Not as a question, but a single word statement. So I simply replied saying that I'm flattered that she was interested but at the same time I was offended that she didn't feel the need to actually SAY anything. Gave me the impression that since I'm male, I must be easy and desperate. I have feelings, lady!
Old 08-20-2013, 03:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magdlyn View Post
He's 40% match, 600 miles away.
And I am sure you're not the only angel he's sent that to
Old 08-20-2013, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeeraReed View Post
And I am sure you're not the only angel he's sent that to
So obviously a form letter, and he's probably just out for money.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 59, living with:
miss pixi, 37
Old 08-20-2013, 04:22 PM

My highest natch is 99%. Omg he's good looking, the right age, we have tons in common, all of our answers are the same except the ones where he said he prefer being the sub, I prefer being the domme etc. I am everything he put on his "message me" section. He and his wife are very poly as well.

I message him, no response. So sad. The really funny thing is my husband is actually friends with him, they met several months ago during a medical study. So I message him again about that funny coincidence, no message back. Bummed. I wish I would get a courtesy "not interested" message.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inyourendo View Post
My highest natch is 99%. Omg he's good looking, the right age, we have tons in common, all of our answers are the same except the ones where he said he prefer being the sub, I prefer being the domme etc. I am everything he put on his "message me" section. He and his wife are very poly as well.

I message him, no response. So sad. The really funny thing is my husband is actually friends with him, they met several months ago during a medical study. So I message him again about that funny coincidence, no message back. Bummed. I wish I would get a courtesy "not interested" message.
That's too bad! I'd always respond to a 99% person. Has he been on okc lately? Maybe he's not checking?
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

miss pixi, 37
Old 08-21-2013, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magdlyn View Post
That's too bad! I'd always respond to a 99% person. Has he been on okc lately? Maybe he's not checking?
Yep, he logged in after each message. It is too bad too.
Old 08-21-2013, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Yep, he logged in after each message. It is too bad too.
Awww! *hugs*

miss pixi, 37
Old 08-23-2013, 11:38 AM

Quote:

I recently met a guy I'm a 99% match with. He's smart, cute, funny, kind, caring, really poly, and is totally into me.
And I felt zero chemistry. We hung out a couple of times as friends, I really really tried to like him as more than a friend... because he is, in every aspect, perfect for me.
But it's not happening.

Hope this makes you feel a little bit better No guarantees, not even with 99% matches
Old 08-23-2013, 12:32 PM

I mostly get people who tell me i should come to their home then get upset when i tell them no. I had one guy tell me that i was beautiful and had a great smile and he would like to get to know me. Went to his profile and he hated that he couldn't finish a blunt alone. I promptly left his page.

One guy wanted me to take a 14 question survey about sexual and non sexual questions in my life. It was a little to early for that on the second message.
Old 08-23-2013, 12:53 PM

I recently had a 95% match guy send me a couple of nice messages. He wasn't my type, physically, I wasn't attracted. But since he was nice, I said hi to be polite.

He told me he isn't quite poly but has had experience being a swinger and open. He didn't sound creepy, until he told me he "can't perform" wearing a condom, and was I fine with that? He could bring me his clean test results and assured me he is selective about his partners.

Um, no.

miss pixi, 37

Tags
communication, online dating