Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-18-2013, 06:07 PM

Default Triad with a side of irony please!

Ever see the L word where Alice creates this huge map linking women who have slept with other women. Well even though our story is on a VERY small scale, I just didn't expect to see this in my polyamory story.

Husband and I recently entered a triad with lovely lady E. Prior to her we were really only serious with one other girl but that girl never seemed into me as much as my husband so it didn't work out. After we split she started dating a guy and together they started dating E. Of course it didn't work out because the ex girlfriend was going through a "poly phase". But regardless, there is one commonality between us and E.

Well I had dated this couple for a very short time because I wasn't really into them in person as much as I was on paper. So that didn't work out, but guess who they dated after me? Yup, lovely lady E.

So out of our handful of triads, we share 2. It just feels like the odds are so small for that, especially when we shared the same straight ex girlfriend. Plus we met off OkCupid and the site is filled with couples in Arizona looking for their Unicorn.

But on a wonderfully positive note, this is the first girl that we have shared such a strong connection to. I don't feel any jealously or anxiety. I have no fear that she will "try to steal my man" although that has become an inside joke with us due to the ex girlfriend we have in common. She is staying the weekend with us so we are playing house, lol. Right now I am sitting on the floor typing this while they are sleeping and cuddling and I can't stop grinning from excitement of how well this is going. They look so cute! It's still so new but it feels wonderful and I'm going to enjoy every moment of it.