Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 08-17-2013, 08:36 AM

I've never known a ring to dissuade any man!
Old 08-17-2013, 12:22 PM

I have two rings. One I got for things that are hardy on rings (titanium steel). Since my regular ring (the one with the stone) is uncomfortable when Seven holds my hand (his and Lamian's are both flat) I will wear my flat titanium steel one when we are together.
Merry: Tig's wife/slave
N8: Merry's boyfriend/owner
Elle: N8 girlfriend
Ruby: Part of the Leather Family
Logan: Leather Sir in the Family
Arc: Logan's boy
Holly: Leather family
K: Holly's sub
Old 08-17-2013, 02:50 PM

Location: English Rose by birth; Calling the Southern Hemi home by choice.

I have three rings on my ring finger. The only one I remove is the engagement ring, and I only do that for work. After work, it is put back on. If someone I had dated had a problem with what was on my hand, clearly they did not need to be in my life.
Old 08-18-2013, 11:25 AM

The wearing of a ring is meant to be the symbol of your love...Wear it at all times,on dates, in bed,it doesnt matter....Why start any new relationship with a lie...
Old 08-18-2013, 11:58 AM

Question You ALWAYS stay true to your Spouse(s)

`

How is this even a Question?

If you are married the ring does not come off unless you are not married any more.... same for engaged.

`
Old 08-18-2013, 02:19 PM

About 8 years ago, before I started seeing other people, I was swimming in a pond and lost my wedding ring in the cold water. I was dissapointed in myself, and when I got out of the water told my spouse about it-- and she pulled hers off and threw it in to join it. (ala Harold and Maude, see link below)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0FX_ROcNV4

Since then we have entertained getting rings now and then, but frankly, it has never quite risen to a priority. We still wear no rings today.
Old 08-18-2013, 05:06 PM

Where I live people are less obsessed with wedding rings I guess... I've had people (co workers who've known me and husband for years ) suddenly say: 'You're married?'
I keep my ring on at all times. It's a narrow golden band on my ring finger. There have been times when I've been using that hand in .. ehm.. some sort of activity with another guy and I looked at it and sort of smiled at the irony.

I'm proud of my marriage. I talk about my husband. Why would I not want to wear that ring? If a stranger approached me and was interested in me, I'd tell him soon enough that I am already in a relationship even if he did not notice the ring.
Old 08-18-2013, 07:33 PM

I have never thought twice about wearing my rings. Although my husband doesn't wear his ever. I like my rings and I find it unlikely that I would mesh well with anyone who wasn't ok with the physical reminder that I'm married. It's a part of who I am.

Although funny story, my daughter (6) asked me one day why I wear a wedding ring but her dad doesn't. I told her that I was the only one who was married. I think I confused her a bit.
Old 08-18-2013, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natja View Post
I've never known a ring to dissuade any man!
I never notice rings myself (female), neither does MrS (male) - but we have never been "looking for" someone to date - always just making friends with no particular agenda in mind.

Dude reports that he always noticed them and didn't even approach women who were wearing a wedding ring. Now that he is in a relationship with a married woman, he thinks he may have been missing out on a lot...

JaneQ
Lotus: poly bi married female, "it's complicated" relationships with Dude/JaneQ/MrS (1+ years)
+ "others" = FBs, FWBs, lover-friends, platonic G/BFs, boytoys, etc.

My poly blogs here:
The Journey of JaneQSmythe
The Notebook of JaneQSmythe

Last edited by nycindie; 08-19-2013 at 12:07 AM. Reason: moved
Old 08-18-2013, 08:46 PM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneQSmythe View Post

Dude reports that he always noticed them and didn't even approach women who were wearing a wedding ring. Now that he is in a relationship with a married woman, he thinks he may have been missing out on a lot...

JaneQ
That is more of what I was concerned with is being out & possibly meeting someone. I had a thread about my only option of meeting is on-line sites & there was a suggestion I should be able to meet potentials in person too. Which got me thinking about my ring & the possibility it could dissuade someone from finding an interest in just talking to me. I mean they wouldn't know anything about me except I'm married.

I've only taken it off in the last few months of my pregnancies due to it cutting into my swollen finger. Otherwise I wear it proudly.

Last edited by alibabe_muse; 08-19-2013 at 12:17 AM.

Tags
dating, marriage, ring, rings