Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 06-12-2013, 09:54 PM

Thumbs up New to all of this - but hi!

Just a quickie ...

My name is danielle, I am 30 years old, brunette hair and dark eyes.

I'm a huge reader, love crafts and am a romantic at heart.

I am single (newly), but I have a chance to check out poly for myself and I am hoping to find someone(s) that can introduce me to a poly relationship and help me along some. I have no high expectations, but I am open to almost anything.

I am not particularly into swinging, but I have done so before. I suppose it depends on the people and/or couple!

I am ONLY interested in taking things slowly, whether it is with a single or a couple due to a few past years if hell in a relationship.

That's it. For now....
Old 07-03-2013, 11:21 PM

Hello, I'm Alicia.

I've been married 11 years and we dated for 4 or 5 years before that. I don't think we've ever been anything but poly, even though we don't always use that term. Since we are both bisexual, it feels right that we can have outside relationships. I am very choosy about partners of either gender. He's choosy about his male partners but not so much about females. I'm also completely oblivious to when anyone flirts with me.

I always thought I was an abnormal freak because I could be wholeheartedly in love with more than one person at once. And it didn't seem like love for one person diminished the love I had for another. So it's nice to find like-minded and like-hearted people to interact with.
Old 07-15-2013, 04:07 AM

I'm in my mid-twenties, female, and bisexual. I live in NC.

For the most part, I'm single. I say so because I am not sure of the standing of a relationship I've been in for the past 2 years.

I am most interested in women. I am here to learn, grow, understand, and embrace this life.
Old 07-20-2013, 04:33 AM

Default Who we are....

B- 28yrs old Female, Bisexual, homemaker/student.

J- 30yrs old Male, Straight, Military (that's why we're not using names).

We have been married 10 years, with two beautiful children. We have lots of experience swinging, and one of those swinging relationships turned into a poly relationship. We would really like to have that again, but are not very familiar with this lifestyle. We are currently in WA St. and love it here. We both are very interested in the Poly lifestyle and want to give it a shot. We also have a lot of questions. The hubby and I love each other very much, but also believe that it is fully ok to fall in love with other people. "B" would love to talk to others in this lifestyle and learn everything she can.
Old 07-21-2013, 04:38 AM

Default New to forum

Hey all.
New to forum. 24 years old, currently residing in Maine but I have nomad blood so we'll see how that goes. In a poly relationship with partner J, going on 3 years now. Just ended things with a metamour (B) recently, so still recovering from that. Looking forward to nomadic adventures seeing where this path takes me.
Old 07-21-2013, 04:44 AM

Default joining the group here

Hi, I am D, my wife of 24 years is also D and we have been in a poly triad with our male friend J since march of this year. Female D is the hinge and things are so far going pretty well. J lives with us now but due to work is only here on the weekends. We split the time as best we can with them having at least 1 private night a week together. Would be more but as states he is only here on the weekends. D (female) is very happy and J and D are now "in love" Male D is happy for them although I do sometimes feel some a tad jealous but have delt with it quite well I think. J and I are long time friends.....like since we were in middle school long time....lol. Don't know where this is headed or how long it will last but D and J are happy together and she says the sex is fantastic. So far it has actually brought D and myself closer believe it or not and she gets what she needs without cheating. D has always been highly sexed......good for me for many years but now she is getting all she needs. We all spend time together and all enjoy each others company although we do wish he was here more.
Old 07-26-2013, 05:34 AM

Default Hello

Hi everyone .. I am brand new to the forum, brand new to poly ideas and brand new to trying to articulate a potential poly relationship.

Met my current guy about 9 months ago .. he is 'poly' in that he wants to have sex with people other than me and wants me to do the same - and I have no real issues with this (I don't think!).
Old 08-07-2013, 03:12 PM

Talking Hello All

I'm 41, married 18 years in Sept, have three children from teen down to toddler. In the last month began discussions with hubby H about being able to love more than one and that led us to polyamory.

No poly relationship at this time, but we are in some sort of triad right now (close but not quire) L (lover) is not about poly so it's just sex for him. H is having some pre-adventure issues with jealousy/envy but we are communicating and resolving them.

Last night we discussed if we ever asked one to co-habitate with us what sort of parenting would that person have with our kids. I don't think we should make any decisions now but need to wait until that person is in our lives (don't want to make the box smaller, you know).

So I and H are newbies to this but are willing to learn as much as we can while our L enjoys us but we know he's in search of the "perfect one". I fell in love with L but am okay when it's over and though he says he can't be involved long-term with me, I do know he has feelings.

That's the road we are on right now. I look forward to getting advice and getting to know all of you!
Old 08-12-2013, 08:30 PM

Default greetings & salutations

Hi I'm little star.

I'm a 39 yr old woman and involved in a non-monogamous relationship with a woman (Sir eDog) 15 years older than me. Sir eDog has another woman (Sooz) who she has been involved with for 18 years. They are having a tough time because Sooz thought they had an open relationship wherein they could have sexual, casual encounters in a dont ask dont tell environment but no other emotional/romantic enduring connections. Sir eDog has said that was never what she agreed to. actually the root of their issues is deeper - more to do with Sooz not wanting to work on issues in the relationship that surfaced 3 - 5 years ago. As with all good denial it goes unchecked and takes on a size and life of its own.

I have done non-monogamy in a way similar to Sir eDog for the past 8 years or thereabouts. I don't believe in ownership or dictating what mine or any other lover/intimate's connections look like. We cannot know how a connection will evolve, devolve, unfold or destruct. Sooz is becoming adamant that I be jettisoned, Sir eDog won't do it. But Sir eDog also is not jettisoning Sooz - how do you dismantle something that you've been building for 18 years? Especially among lesbians who seem to be in new relationships every other day ( we are always seemingly falling into or out of relationship quickly -its not for nothing that we carry the "u-haul syndrome" stereotype).

I prefer the model where everyone meets and has conversation, as one article said - talk about my honor, your honor and how we will honor the person/people we share. Sooz will not meet me, it hasn't actually been offered because Sir eDog feels the age difference angle and various others outside appearance will further inflame Sooz' jealous fits.(Sooz is actually older than eDog by a few years).

Currently I am house sitting for Sir eDog while they are in Alaska on vacation. I am running through the pain of missing my lover/girlfriend. i am wondering how the crucible of traveling will further inflame or extinguish their disconnects and heartache. Sir eDog has been texting and emailing almost every day which I had not expected would happen but now they are in a remote spot with little to no reception so without the daily digital lilypads I'm sad and feeling the void/absence of her.

looking forward to joining the community here and listening to your wisdom and feedback.

in solidarity with gratitude,
little star
Old 09-06-2013, 03:06 PM

Default Finally Figured it Out

New to this whole experience in general. Have dated my husband for 3 years married for a little over a year. We have had some partners in out relationship since I am bisexual. Recently have met a male that I started seeing. My husband is being amazingly supportive. I feel I finally figured out my orientation only took 29 years lol Still figuring things out since we have never included a male. Looking forward to reading through this forum. thanks!

Tags
polandry mfm, polyandry family