Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-07-2013, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endicott View Post

No problem re "dickishness" You are allowed an opinion.

I understand your point, but courtesy is courtesy. Online or offline. A template "thank you no thank you" is better than silence and is just good manners. Its how I operate in the business world and with the websites I manage; this should be no different. And when we start talking about being efficient in the context of human relationships, we start treating people as objects, a nuisance and not a person.
New to this thread, so I am behind....

Of course , I don't know your approach when introducing yourself, but as a woman who wrote at the bottom do her OKCupid profile:

You should message me if
You want to interact online with someone who enjoys exchanging ideas without any preconceived notions of hooking up - I love intelligent conversation!

And the first email is about hooking up. Or the conversation starts out with: how r u? I feel like the person really hasn't taken the time to read my profile. I just received one whose opening gambit is that he'd like to build a long-term relationship with me. He doesn't know me for fuck's sake! It is creepy.

I do try to respond, but sometimes I just don't have the energy to deal with it.

Tags
dating, dating advice, dating dynamics, dating etiquette, dating sites, dating websites, internet dating, kissing frogs, meeting people, netiquette, okcupid, on line dating, online dating, online personals, vee is for me