Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-02-2013, 10:27 PM

Sooo... when I accepted to file jointly instead of on my own, I knew I was probably going to regret it. So much so that I didn't even tell anyone else because I'm so tired of hearing how wrong I was to trust Raga and how stupid I am to keep giving him more chances.

Well the lawyers received my paperwork on the 17th of July, meaning I would be divorced by now if I had filed on my own (they said filing alone takes 2 weeks at the most). But he hadn't sent anything by then. He hadn't even set an appointment with a notary even though I gave him the dates a week or two early so he'd have time to book right away.
After I bugged him though he saw a notary on the 19th and sent an email telling me he was on his way to the post office.

So, frustrating but not too bad, we all have unexpected stuff happen every so often, maybe he ended up missing his previous appointment, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt rather than assume he hadn't set an appointment to begin with.
After all, a lot has happened to me that wad unexpected. My mother-in-law dying, us losing the house, my brother vanishing suddenly with nobody knowing where he went, etc. That's why you always plan ahead because you probably won't have time at the last minute due to something unexpected happening.

But now, the second of August, they still have received nothing. I contacted raga who said he sent it in standard mail. I don't even want to know why he would do that. I told him I would pay. So instead of overnight or express with tracking, he sent his divorce paperwork in the slowest way possible, and in such a way that we can never know if it got lost or even if they did receive it but misplaced it, lied, etc.

So now, being at the point where I'm going to have to leave soon, I pretty much have to start over with the divorce and file on my own. Because the paperwork is different I have to re-notarise it, too. This is a huge mess and once again I tell myself "why did you trust him? Is there any time in the past eight years that hasn't backfired?"

I'm starting to think the untrustworthy ones aren't the obvious assholes, but the people who seemingly mean well, but procrastinate and do everything half-assed.