Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 07-26-2013, 12:55 AM

No, I'm sure it was just a case of me not reading a full article or only hearing a sound bite. My error.
Old 07-26-2013, 02:52 AM

I'm not saying they are or declared they were but if they had it would be not as big a deal as its being made out to be. If he were single or single and gay no one would care what and who he texted, so of he came out and said we are in an open marriage or we are poly it would be still a story but not like this.
Old 07-26-2013, 03:26 AM

I think sooner or later a sex scandal will end with (or at least involve) the guy holding up a permission slip from his wife and saying "It's okay, we can talk about the issues now." Would be interesting to see that played out.
Old 07-26-2013, 04:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRBG View Post
I think sooner or later a sex scandal will end with (or at least involve) the guy holding up a permission slip from his wife and saying "It's okay, we can talk about the issues now." Would be interesting to see that played out.

There you go. You should tell that comedian dude to write some jokes about that.
Old 07-26-2013, 03:40 PM

Yes, topical humor is an area where researching a bit makes sense. Agreed.
Old 07-27-2013, 03:12 PM

Sadly, I think that would be even MORE of a scandal. People seem to be more understanding on infidelity and cheating than they are about ethical non-monogamy.

It's like cheating is a person TRYING to be monogamous, they're just failing at it.

Whereas polyamory is veering away from the monogamous model entirely.

I remember when Will and Jada Smith made comments about how Will allowed to do what he wants as long as he tells her. That raised a lot of turmoil and Jada had to "clarify" and backpedal a bit.

So you can suck at the status quo but you're not allowed to "abandon" it.
Old 08-02-2013, 12:27 AM

What do you think the timeframe is for acceptance? We went from Clinton denying inhalation to Obama saying "Of course I inhaled, that's the point" with only one reformed cokehead separating them. Granted those smoking incidences were about things they did as kids, but the level of acceptance seemed to come along relatively quick.

I'm putting my chips on an openly married bi female winning some office (mayor or higher) by 2020.