Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 06-20-2013, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatHappened View Post
The emotions that often come in the wake of abortion often last much longer than pregnancy, and this is still a child's life we're talking about.
Many women don't have any emotional reaction to having an abortion, except for relief.

And really, to talk about a "child's life" at this stage, when it is still a fetus, is unnecessary. The OP has said she is pro-choice and considering her choices. No need to lecture her about that. The topic at hand is really the situation with her marriage, coming clean about what's been going on, and the sad fact that she thinks a baby might fix a troubled or broken situation.

OP, having a baby won't fix your relationships - but working on them, therapy, honesty, etc., might.

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein

Last edited by nycindie; 06-20-2013 at 04:58 AM.
Old 06-20-2013, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post

Do we really need to go down this road?
"We" do not need to go down any road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycindie View Post

And really, to talk about a "child's life" at this stage, when it is still a fetus, is unnecessary. The OP has said she is pro-choice and aware of her choices. No need to lecture her.
Unnecessary. Interesting choice of words. I wasn't aware that one clause now constitutes a lecture. My kids will be pleased to hear that!
Old 06-20-2013, 08:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatHappened View Post
"We" do not need to go down any road.

Unnecessary. Interesting choice of words. I wasn't aware that one clause now constitutes a lecture. My kids will be pleased to hear that!

This actually is a very interesting post. WH, i like you, but i am going to use this as an example and it may rub you the wrong way.

First WH says "we're" talking about a child's life, then Marcus continues with the use of Royal We, at which juncture WH drops the Royal We like a red-hot brick and goes on to talk about someone else's "interesting" choice of words.

I think the use of "we" as laid out above is also "interesting", but perhaps it's just another Aspie Moment and therefore not capable of being understood by the average neurotypical.
Old 07-29-2013, 11:36 PM
Banned

Default Kind of like having a strong grip

is impossible to read between and if they not that I guarantee they are aware of the V, it'd be like being restricted to "hearing" a radio program like the 40's instead of watching it on TV. Maybe it was the embroidery comments during embroidering?

Maybe the best bet would be instead helping as opposed to sabotaging, I know it doesn't make logical sense, but are you guys honestly gaining any ground? or are you losing it?

Tags
co-parenting, divorce, married and polyamorous, multiple primaries, polyamory and children, pregnancy, separation, vees