Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 02-04-2010, 08:21 PM

I envy you, Mono. It would make me immensely happy if my family or Easy's family could accept Sunday and Asha and their children.
Old 02-04-2010, 09:08 PM

Mono
Love the chart.
Is there any chance you could give your feedback in terms of how to lengthen the red line-so it's not a vicious up and down in your opinion experience?
I think it's an AWESOME chart for helping people understand their relationships, but it would be COOL if it also had an explanation of how to make the red line MORE tightly up and down from spectrum to spectrum (not the goal I imagine) and LESS tightly up and down the spectrum (more the goal) and maybe even how to work towards keep that red line more in tune with the line that is "best functional" for a relationship for more amounts of time....

(and if you do that, can I borrow it for my sister? SHe's 16 and we're working on health this semester together, the section for this week and next is on relationships!)
Old 02-04-2010, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoVCPHG View Post
My sister called me and told me that my mother opened up to one of her brothers about my "new" relationship (after a year LOL). I wonder where this will go with my parents. They live across the country so it's not as if meeting my chosen family is easy. If they were closer I am sure they would embrace them. That in itself fills me with warmth I would to share a family supper with them sometime.
That's awesome!! My parents (all 4) know GG and Maca.My grandparents on my mom's side also know both of them, but they know GG as a "friend", they do know he's the bio-father of our little one. My dad's parents I don't have contact with.
Maca's dad knows and is fine with everything, his wife I haven't met, but I assume she's aware since he's a motormouth like me. Maca's mother we don't have contact with.
GG's parents know all of us, and know we live together, know about our little one, but don't know about our "lifestyle" because we haven't had contact with them in nearly 2 years.
My blood siblings know and are all ok with it. My step siblings don't know-but I dont' see them much (we're all grown and busy lives). They KNOW GG, just not intimate details. I haven't SEEN any of them or talked to them in over a year. THe youngest-used to live here, knows the emotional relationship between GG and I-but we havent been in touch recently-when we are, I don't expect he'll care one way or another!!
Old 02-04-2010, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingRadiance View Post
Mono
Love the chart.
Is there any chance you could give your feedback in terms of how to lengthen the red line-so it's not a vicious up and down in your opinion experience?
I wish I could LR but I don't know how to. I really just want to consistantly be in the Relaxed Calm area...I'm not there yet. I seem to skip that layer and go to Peak High. I spend most of my time in the Cautious Calm area.

The vicious up and down is my world LOL! the lenght of time for a complete cycle seems shorter though. I used to spend a lot of time in the Negative Acceptance area. I don't see a way to stay in any particular area...it's not in my nature

I'll have to think about this...feel free to use the chart for whatever value it has now though

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Old 02-04-2010, 09:36 PM

YES SIR!!

Do you have the chart on your computer? Is there a chance RP could email it to me??? Then I could print it out. I'll even write "created by my friend Mono" on there just for you!!

It is awesome.
LR
Old 02-04-2010, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingRadiance View Post
YES SIR!!

Do you have the chart on your computer? Is there a chance RP could email it to me??? Then I could print it out. I'll even write "created by my friend Mono" on there just for you!!

It is awesome.
LR
I have a better copy of it at home...it gets blurry on here for some reason. I'll get it to you early tonight K?

No need for credit LOL! If and when I figure out the answer to your questions about the redline..then I'll be impressed!

Poly Events All Over
Old 02-04-2010, 10:32 PM

NP Mono-
I'll be here all day!
THANKS!!!
keep up the good work, we can all support each other on figuring out how to stabilize that little red line.
Old 02-05-2010, 01:47 AM

Default My best friend

Redpepper and I just had a walk and chat over coffee. We always have something to talk about and engage each other to challenge and examine our thoughts. I am blown away at how incredible a woman she is and completely touched by the purity of human connection and caring I have for our bond as friends. I rarely feel friendship like this. We are so far beyond the physical it staggers me. This is my idea of a soul mate

....being given the opportunity to communicate with her as a Lover is an honor and gift; a privelege, not a right, not her obligation. It is precious and not a requirement for her to have me in her life and family...that makes it even more special

Poly Events All Over
Old 02-07-2010, 09:26 PM

**Calmness** Anything is possible, we are the right fit

Poly Events All Over
Old 02-09-2010, 04:08 PM

Yesterday Redpepper and I sat down with a couple who recently have begun exploring the idea of opening up their relationship to more people. They asked to have coffee with us and, once trust was established, they shared on a surprisingly deep level about their fears and hopes. Later that night we had dinner with many people from our community and had a talk with a friend who has a mono girlfriend and was curious about our perspective as an experienced and persevering mono/poly couple.
At the end of the night we both felt like we had made a difference, made some connections and provided a well balanced perspective on two very different situations.

I seem to be coming into a time of comfort and even greater optimism toward the future. I thrive when comfortable and so I feel healthy and happy....the future is looking much clearer to me now.

Poly Events All Over

Tags
family, happiness, happy, hope, living situation, living together, love, moving in, open poly relationships, poly fi, success, vee