Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Press and media coverage

Notices

Old 07-24-2013, 05:59 PM

Why do I have no trouble believing that you actually did a YouTube search for 'TRBG comedian'?

Yes, I posted anonymously. This is an anonymous board. The admins strongly encourage anonymity. I'm sorry you feel that advice delivered in this setting automatically qualifies as an attack.

Bottom line though, the best advice any experienced comic will give you on the artistic level is 'find your own voice.' If that advice offends you I'm not so sure that comedy is the best place for your delicate little soul.

I mean this with all sincerity: good luck with your career. You've got a few learning curves ahead of you but I have no reason to believe you can't work through them.

Last bit of advice: If you are serious about your career ask the club to take that clip down. It's the first thing people see when they search for you. If that isn't your best or even remotely representative of where you are now why would you want bookers to see it?

Last edited by TRBG; 07-24-2013 at 06:03 PM.
Old 07-24-2013, 06:09 PM

Okay, looks like we were writing at the same time. But even if this is simply research I still think you need to find your own voice/tell your own story.
Old 07-24-2013, 06:12 PM
Banned

Default Time flies like an arrow...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRBG View Post
Why do I have no trouble believing that you actually did a YouTube search for 'TRBG comedian'?

Yes, I posted anonymously. This is an anonymous board. The admins strongly encourage anonymity. I'm sorry you feel that advice delivered in this setting automatically qualifies as an attack.

Bottom line though, the best advice any experienced comic will give you on the artistic level is 'find your own voice.' If that advice offends you I'm not so sure that comedy is the best place for your delicate little soul.

I mean this with all sincerity: good luck with your career. You've got a few learning curves ahead of you but I have no reason to believe you can't work through them.

Last bit of advice: If you are serious about your career ask the club to take that clip down. It's the first thing people see when they search for you. If that isn't your best or even remotely representative of where you are now why would you want bookers to see it?

Do yourself a favor: don't quit your day job until Youtube starts paying more. You need money for all that fruit.
Old 07-24-2013, 07:47 PM

I'd never quit my day job for comedy. Way too many crazy people in comedy.
Old 07-24-2013, 10:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRBG View Post
I'd never quit my day job for comedy. Way too many crazy people in comedy.

But would you quit comedy for fruit? Or substitute fruit for comedy? Or one of the above or all of the below and everything in between and outside the middle of the box? And all the king's horses and all the queen's men should make hay together with dueling banjos and then useless chairs rotary stairs porter square escalator with director narrator oh yeah sidewalk action figures stalk lost count softball parking lot police two-way street potholes park town live stop over the river it goes and back to where no one knows what one goes through unless they in fact lived there too.

The End.

#stupidaspietricks
Old 07-24-2013, 10:50 PM

Exactly!... in a way.
Old 07-24-2013, 11:00 PM
Banned

Wake me up when Spetembre dens/
Old 07-25-2013, 12:17 AM

Say goodbye little Savage.
Old 07-25-2013, 03:35 AM

That sound is my brain going "spoink"... O_o
Xena: Poly. In relationships with Chops and Noa, and dating others.
Noa: Married, Poly. In relationships with Chops and Xena (individually).

Blog thread: A Mono's Journey Into Poly-Land (or, "Aw hell, there's no road map?!")
Slightly more polished blog with a mono/poly focus: From Baltic to Boardwalk
Old 07-25-2013, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaustjr View Post
. . . if you don't want to state what key things you feel are important to those outside of this forum to understand, just resist the urge to tell me how to do research for my material.
This is a public message board - ya get what ya get.

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein

Tags
comedy, humor, life experiences, society, taboo