Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 05-15-2013, 09:41 PM

Been spending quite a bit of time, here and there, over at ADD Forums.
[Why ADD? I have no idea, seeing as it is a general ADHD forum.]

So many people to connect with. Constant feeling, whilst reading, of "oh wow, me too!"

Seems like a very strict ruleset on posting, especially when the majority of the users are going to have ADHD... But there seem to be lots of friendly people there, either way.

A great source of information, from people living with it directly, or indirectly, through family, partners, whatnot, too.
=]
Old 05-17-2013, 06:56 AM

I’∂ prefer if things we're such that I could just be myself without having everyone try to medicate me or worse just leave me the fuck alone is what i want to sya to the likes of doctors in general. of course that isn't possible…… >< god their intolerable.
Old 05-17-2013, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosque View Post
I’∂ prefer if things we're such that I could just be myself without having everyone try to medicate me or worse just leave me the fuck alone is what i want to sya to the likes of doctors in general. of course that isn't possible…… >< god their intolerable.
Doctors can't medicate you without your permission. They're hardly going to be throwing pills down your throat...
=]
Old 05-17-2013, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somegeezer View Post
Doctors can't medicate you without your permission. They're hardly going to be throwing pills down your throat...
I’ve actually experience that, or at the very least something wholly analogous[almost identical except not with pills except once I was actually forced to swallow ritalin several a times] to that.
(O___o)” this is comparatively mild episode, guess what this episode was… yup getting raped…… most certainly by either a doctor or a nurse, as a child.[this I recall happening multiple occasions].
although strictly speaking yeah it's criminal most certainly a violation of human rights.

I prefer to talk about happier things. I noticed your younger than me… I didn't expect that.

Last edited by Rosque; 05-17-2013 at 09:52 AM.
Old 06-21-2013, 11:36 PM

Talking

I was diagnosed with adhd as a child. I diasgree however. I self diagnosed myself with IM 6 AND WHATS A CHAIR?
Old 07-23-2013, 01:45 AM

Seems weird that anyone would get a Rogers (forced med order) for an ADD med. I figured those would be reserved for antipsychotics.
Old 08-05-2013, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingRadiance View Post
LOL! OH MY GOD! If I didn't write things down I would lose myself! Totally understand that one!

"Typical signs of ADD in girls include:

Difficulty maintaining focus
Easily distracted
Disorganized and “messy”
Forgetful
Difficulty completing tasks
Daydreaming
Slow to process information and directions (It may even appear that they aren’t hearing you)
Careless
Often late (poor time management)"

This is an interesting article on the difference:
http://www.science20.com/science_mot...o_often_missed
Thank you for posting this! I actually have every one of these symptoms and have been thinking for a couple of years now that I do have ADD. It has been an issue with relationships and business partnerships as well, I am sure. I think I will pursue getting evaluated so that I can deal with it. LOL

MY 5yo shows many symptoms as well, definitely hyper and hard to keep focused. And running does make a difference for her too. She MUST play outside every day, otherwise she just has meltdowns. IF she gets her physical activity in, she is much better. I appreciate knowing that this works for your kids as well LR!

Very interesting information on the histamine issue as well. Worth investigating further...

Willow ~ 44yo bi woman, married to Bear (formerly known as TB) for 18 years
Bear-Maybe poly/maybe mono straight man, still feeling it out
Armadillo (formerly known as BF) - currently out of the picture. Depression is evil...
Old 08-05-2013, 07:53 AM

Willow go look up dr. Hallowell. Lots of great info!

Tags
add, adhd, health, mental