Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 02-04-2010, 02:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superjast View Post
Alberta is my 'new' home, I am originally from Ontario. I absolutely love it here, though.
Good thing I didn't ask about high schools then. It's a great town though...have you been there long enough for both seasons? Construction and Patio?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariakas View Post
Aren't most people on the west coast. Half the people I know are either Aussie or French haha (newfies tend to get stuck in Alberta due to poor car maintenance ) The other half are from Ontario (me included)
Yep...lots of UFO's end up in Calgary...right beside the Houston ex-pats. The only problem the last few years was too many BC drivers screwing up the mix.

-Imaginary Illusion

How did I get here & Where am I going?
Old 02-04-2010, 02:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaginaryIllusion View Post
Good thing I didn't ask about high schools then. It's a great town though...have you been there long enough for both seasons? Construction and Patio?

That about sums it up too ! I have been here since last April. When I arrived it was beautiful and +21 C.

I thought,..'This is not so bad,.."

Skip ahead to all of May and June 6th, which was the last day I had SNOW, and I was cursing words, I didn`t know, I even knew.

That said, Summer was great.

Well it seemed so, for my shiney, new, City-girl self.

If I was still living in the country, I would not of been happy with the drought.

Now seasons,.... Is there not 3 seasons here ? The third one being "mud" ?

Last edited by ImaginaryIllusion; 02-04-2010 at 08:23 PM. Reason: qupte formatting
Old 02-04-2010, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaginaryIllusion View Post
Yep...lots of UFO's end up in Calgary...right beside the Houston ex-pats. The only problem the last few years was too many BC drivers screwing up the mix.
You don't have to tell me, BC drivers suck. Right up there with WA drivers. Can't blame the drivers, ever seen the roadways, they suck!!
Old 02-04-2010, 04:18 AM

Quote:

Its called BC...have you seen our green winter yet?...quite awesome for mountain biking, but sucks for everyone else
Old 02-04-2010, 08:06 PM

Welcome Superjast!
Nice to see a fellow Albertan on here, I'm in Edmonton and I gotta say I'm looking forward to Spring
Old 02-04-2010, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Skip ahead to all of May and June 6th, which was the last day I had SNOW, and I was cursing words, I didn`t know, I even knew.
That's the glorious thing about Calgary...we get spring 9 times a year. Yet everyone forgets how winter driving works after each one.

Quote:
Mud isn't technically a season...and only a real issue in the newer communities on the outskirts that haven't laid down enough sod. It cusps on spring, and usually a side effect of chinooks that don't last long enough to sublimate the snow before it melts.

-Imaginary Illusion

How did I get here & Where am I going?

Last edited by ImaginaryIllusion; 02-04-2010 at 08:28 PM. Reason: formatting
Old 02-04-2010, 09:00 PM

Thank you Booklady ! Great to hear from another Albertan. Edmonton has definetly been chilly this winter, hasn`t it ? Amazing the differences in temps between the 2 cities.

Imaginary Illusion : Yes, the drivers out here are VERY scary. I have never, ever been skittish driving anywhere, before now. Big cities, majoy highways, questionable roads and conditions,..I was fine with it all.

But here ? I have to steal my nerves to head downtown. Or to the SW.

The lack of street cleaning doesn`t help matters.