Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 05-25-2011, 08:46 PM

Question How do you meet people?

I'm interested in the poly lifestyle, but I live in a bible belt...super conservative small town. Most of the time when I bring it up people have never heard of it. I want to see if a poly relationship would work for me. Advice please?!?
Old 05-25-2011, 09:15 PM

Well, read around here, look in the tags, under search, for topics you are interested in. Maybe post a thread in the sections for dating, meetings, friends, and events toi see if there are others in your area... Look around, make yourself comfy. Welcome
Old 05-27-2011, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honee View Post
I'm interested in the poly lifestyle, but I live in a bible belt...super conservative small town. Most of the time when I bring it up people have never heard of it. I want to see if a poly relationship would work for me. Advice please?!?
You COULD point out that "biblicly", poly was accepted.
Old 09-06-2011, 11:32 PM

Question finding someone

i was wanting to know how do you go about finding like minded people, i have tried the poly dating sites, craigslist, social networking, going places. i have found a few but when they see im married they run far away from me.

im getting discouraged, any help here. ay suggestions would be greatly apprciated
Old 09-07-2011, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by travislang View Post
i was wanting to know how do you go about finding like minded people, i have tried the poly dating sites, craigslist, social networking, going places. i have found a few but when they see im married they run far away from me.

im getting discouraged, any help here. ay suggestions would be greatly apprciated
try doing a search on here in the tags for "dating" and see what comes up. Other than that, look for poly friends first. Its amazing what just happens
Old 09-11-2011, 11:06 PM

Default red papper

i just wanted to say thank you. i tried remaking my okc account stating friends, and it worked.
Old 08-21-2012, 07:03 PM
Banned

Default lovemaggy

let me understand, your bisexual and looking for a relationship with another female that will not be sexually available to your man, only you as her primarary and her as the secondary and he is ok with it. On the surface it sounds a little selfish to most people, almost being protective of what you have with your man.

To me I would say you are the dominant factor in knowing what you want, and going for it, and know what you dont want and thats ok.

You may want to try looking outside of polly, there are a lot of submissive bisexual females that are looking for a dominant mistress to cater to sexually,
not that you have to be overbaring or treat her like crap (amazingly many people think all submissives want this) its not true.
most bifemale submissives have a real need to sexually serv a bifemale mistress, to give up her control to only her primerary (you) happy to be the seconary knowing your man is off limits to her, unless she is directed only by you to give herself to him, this might be an interesting synario once you have trust and feel you have full control of her and not feel threatened. I think its worth looking at as an option, I personally think openminded bifemales are the best woman a openminded man can have, however its important that your man understands your bisexual needs, need be met in any way you see fit, after all its a huge part of who you are as a beautiful bisexual woman.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:56 PM

Smile How to meet like-minded people ????

How to meet like-minded people ????

the simple solution is
SEARCH THEM

We are a polyfamily, and we are very clear : just show that you are like-minded people.

We check, if it is ok, no problem.
Old 07-17-2013, 01:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleurisseur View Post
How to meet like-minded people ????

the simple solution is
SEARCH THEM

We are a polyfamily, and we are very clear : just show that you are like-minded people.

We check, if it is ok, no problem.

Yeah, well i hang out with nudist swingers, so everyone searches and checks everyone else constantly. And still in nine years i've only met one person that way that i've liked enough to fuck, i mean "get to know better".

Tee hee.
Old 07-17-2013, 02:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoringGuy View Post
. . . i've only met one person that way that i've liked enough to fuck, i mean "get to know better".

Tee hee.
<giggle>

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me.
~Bryan Ferry

Tags
approaching someone, asking people out, dating, first time, married and dating, meet ups, meeting new partners, meeting people, metups, primary, primary/secondary, secondary, sex, small town, solo, third partner, thirds