Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-14-2013, 04:27 AM

Default Need perspective...please???

Hi everyone, this is my second post, as I am new to these parts and to this life.
Something happened tonight that really upset me and I need some perspective and to know if I am overreacting?? I took my BF to a very fancy dinner that I planned for his birthday tonight. (We are primaries and we have a six yr old together...he has 2 other relationships outside ours) So while we are at dinner he kind of drifted off, and I asked him what he was thinking about. He said I didn't want to know and when I asked why he said it was because "he was thinking about sticking his tongue down someone else's throat." I am out of line to be upset? I got all dressed up, researched restaurants and menus so he could sit across the table and daydream about someone else? My feelings are really hurt and the sex I have been thinking about all day I don't even care about now.
I take some responsibility as I am the one who posed the question, but damn. I never would have had I known that would be the answer.
I am struggling with and trying already to work through my own insecurities about this poly world, and I know that is my problem, but when you love someone aren't you supposed to be somewhat sensitive and supportive of them and whatever they are going through?
I don't know, to top it off, I feel bad because I feel like I put a cloud over the evening...ugh.
Advice? Perspective? All is welcome and super appreciated.
Thanks so much.
"If you love a flower, don't pick it up. Because if you pick it up it dies & it ceases to be what you love. So if you love a flower, let it be. Love is not about possession. Love is about appreciation." -Osho

Tags
insecurity, jealousy, love