Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 07-13-2013, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycindie View Post
only answered about 150 questions in comparison to my 700+
Always seems that way. Lure you in with the 90%, but answered 2 questions, with a blank profile. I really don't understand OKC's match system. Even after I've read the official explanations of how it all works, it still just isn't clear enough.
=]
Old 07-13-2013, 06:46 PM

Someone just shared this on fb, and I knew I had to share it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXBFJ...A9BAD&index=21

OKC profile critique

Me: female, bi, (formerly hinge of a vee)
with FirstBoyFriend (FBF)(moderately long-distance)
and no longer with CurrentBoyFriend (CBF)(who lives in the apartment building next door)
Old 07-14-2013, 01:50 PM

Messages continue to pour in since I tweaked my profile. What I said was:

Quote:
I spend a lot of time thinking about:

How annoying it is that 80% of men that message me do not reference my profile, just my pix. Guys, it's nice you think I have a nice smile or body, but do you realize how misogynistic and shallow you seem if that is all you can mention in your first message?

But most of the messages are just as lame as ever. Some of them say "You have a nice profile." Ugh. Say something ABOUT the profile, lazy men!

I got this yesterday, from a 24 year old:

Quote:
I have a make or break question for you. There's a lot on the line here... What is the name of the sloth in the ice age movies?! Don't cheat!
Of course, I replied, I have no idea, it's not my kind of movie. Overnight he comes back with, "Are you free today"

But in better news, after over a dozen lame-ohs, 2 actual intelligent seeming, experienced poly men contacted me yesterday too. Both are far away, but travel often. I even chatted with one on the okc chat function last night. They both seem nice, definite potential. So much dross to weed through to get to the occasional gold nugget. Sheesh.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 59, living with:
miss pixi, 37
Old 07-14-2013, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magdlyn View Post
So much dross to weed through to get to the occasional gold nugget. Sheesh.
True dat.

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein
Old 07-14-2013, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Ur hawtness bb!!!!! We shud chill ot an smoke sum weed

Be cool!! ^.^
End quote.

Sent from no pic, 0% match 0% friend 94% enamy (how does that work?)

-> There is nothing even remotely marijuana positive on my profile. And I don't look like a burned out hippy in any of my pics.

<insert face of dissapointment here>
Old 07-15-2013, 09:37 AM

(from guy, 51 % match, questions say he finds religion extremely important (I don't) and that he would never consider an open relationship.

first one:
'hi'

next one, 2 minutes later:
'hi hi'

I'm holding my breath, will there be a third one that says 'hi hi hi'
Old 07-16-2013, 12:56 PM

What is wrong with this sentence:

Quote:
Hell, how are you doing today, Nice to meet.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 59, living with:
miss pixi, 37
Old 07-23-2013, 10:11 AM

Got a message that I don't really know how to respond to. We're a 95 % match, the profie is interesting and well written, the guy is openly poly, the message he sent me is funny, smart, indicates he's ready my profile, and has just the right tone.

But... I look at his pictures and he is so completely not my type.. to the point where I could not even imagine being physical with him as friends.

Don't really know what to respond.. Usually when I am really not attracted, I've always managed to find something in the profile that I can use as reason for not connecting. But not here.
Old 07-23-2013, 09:59 PM

Ok - here is a gem:
Quote:
Hello handsome
Looking to have some great sex ! Lol then go from there . Can you make that happen ? Enjoy your day
I got this one after I changed my status to single:
Quote:
How goes it and sorry
This one at least read some of my profile:
Quote:
nice profile. also kinky here. and i'm planning on going to burning man for my first time this year.
But I have saved the best one for last:

Quote:
I just got an email with you as one of my Quiver Matches....You look familiar. Have we met?
- this requires some context to appreciate: this came from my partner of 7 years, who I'm fairly close with to date - he got 5 stars for it.
Old 07-23-2013, 11:40 PM

So the same guy who sent me the "Looking for Friends" message last month sent me this gem this month when I didn't respond. . .

"I just realized that you may not have noticed the subtle humor... My initial message was a reference to your claim that you're a "gamer girl"
I didn't think about it till now that people don't always know what their own profile says."

Ofcourse I know what my profile says, I just updated it, but both my husband and I could not figure out how this "Not interested in the least I take it? Well that's too bad. I could've friended the shit out of you... Or something like that." Has anything to do with my being a gamer girl.

Tags
communication, online dating