Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 07-11-2013, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouAreHere View Post
Why is she allowed unfettered access to YOUR apartment? Because of the dog?
Mostly, she also still has stuff down here and I guess I never really got insistent on pushing her out the door.

Quote:
Sounds like changing the locks would certainly solve part of your problem. Even if I were taking care of a friend's dog, having them hanging out at my apartment when I get home would be pretty unacceptable to me, unless they were actively feeding/walking/cleaning up after said dog.
It is her dog... technically I'm kind of the dog-sitter. So I try to let her be with her dog for comfort.

Quote:
You have an idea of what you want your personal space to be - make it happen. Ignore her calls. Put your phone on silent. Leave and change the locks. Let her be pissy. Your life is not her life.

Unless you let it be.
Yeah, not answering her calls results in a fight of course. I had told her it was ok to call me for emergencies, but going to have to reinforce that along with telling her not to be here.

I guess the reality is I haven't fully convinced myself I don't want to be with her yet. I suck at breakups...
Old 07-11-2013, 09:20 PM

Can people actually be "good" at break-ups? It starts with the word "break"! I always thought something being broken was a bad thing to be good at but I dunno. I digress.

Stop being hard on yourself and start to enforce yourself. You're laying down the lines but you're consistently jumping over it and allowing her the opportunity to disrespect your wishes.

Buck up, Dude! Relationships are tough but suffering through all this bullshit in the aftermath is your own doing. And only you have the power to stop it. We're just the digital voices in your head.

OKC Profile

Me: bi, reformed wild-child turned mom and house maid LOL
Crux: straight/hypersexual, possibly mono?
BC: our son, 5 years
CM: second son 9 months.
Mouse: girlfriend! Status new, feelings not so much.
Old 07-11-2013, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onoma View Post
I guess the reality is I haven't fully convinced myself I don't want to be with her yet.
This has just now occurred to you? I want to go through this thread and quote all of the times this has been said lol

This is a train wreck I just can't bring myself to look away from; it's too surreal.

Me: male, 40, straight, single
Old 07-11-2013, 10:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
This from the same guy who just said " She will hunt you down, she will stalk you,"
Yes. I did say all those things. It was me. Not someone else.
Old 07-11-2013, 10:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
This has just now occurred to you? I want to go through this thread and quote all of the times this has been said lol

This is a train wreck I just can't bring myself to look away from; it's too surreal.

That's why he should just stop trying to break up, marry her, and cheat. Everybody wins that way. It is the path of least resistance.
Old 07-13-2013, 02:08 AM

Quote:
a few weeks ago she claimed that she doesn't want to have sex, claiming she believes sex should only happen in the context of a relationship with a future.

Now, since then she still treats me basically like a boyfriend. Lots of "love yous," hugging, kissing at night and cuddling on the couch.

But something interesting came up over the weekend: Apparently she had dates lined up, and was starting to look for a new relationship. She was also planning to start having one-night stands in order to just get pregnant on her own.
. . . snipped for abbreviation, edited for emphasis . . . .

Spot the contradiction, and run for the hills.

Someone else had mention this is likely an "oops daddy" trap situation. I'll agree with that, and add that it has a high probability of getting dumped into your lap afterwards if said "oops daddy" isn't in the picture afterwards, you know . . . . . 'cause one nights stands . . . forget to get numbers, last names, ect . . . . . these things do happen, and if shes looking to do it intentionally . . . . . guess who's going to be stuck holding the diaper bag?
Old 07-13-2013, 08:47 AM

She might end up with an STI instead of a baby, some of which can cause infertility, stupid cow.
Old 07-13-2013, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natja View Post
She might end up with an STI instead of a baby, some of which can cause infertility, stupid cow.
The worst part of this is her therapist actually suggested it...
Old 07-13-2013, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Hahahahahahahaahaha!

This thread is comedy gold.

Me: male, 40, straight, single
Old 07-13-2013, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Oh, come on. Her therapist suggested she have unprotected sex with strangers, to get herself pregnant? Opening her legs to men of undetermined STI status?

Are you ready to be a dad, onoma?
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 58, living with:
miss pixi, 37, who is dating (NRE):
Master, 32