Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 07-08-2013, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorgeouskitten View Post
perhaps I need to take the pictures down!! My profile specifically says im poly, happily married and committed to my BF as well and NOT dating, not at al. note even a little. though i keep getting the "hi.. u r hot" messages. oy.

They don't even read the profiles we've labored over! I even had one man say to me, "Like most men, I look at the pix and try and think of something to say about them."

Good grief. Do you want to date a person, or just a body? It's really quite misogynistic, when you think about it.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 59, living with:
miss pixi, 37
Old 07-10-2013, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan View Post
Quote:
Hi, how are you? I want to sleep with you. Are you free
Morrigan, you always get the best worst messages! Was it you who got that message from some guy asking if you washed your private parts?

"Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me." ~Bryan Ferry
"Love and the self are one . . ." ~Leo Buscaglia "

An excellent blog post against hierarchy in polyamory: http://solopoly.net/2014/10/31/why-i...short-version/
Old 07-10-2013, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycindie View Post
Morrigan, you always get the best worst messages! Was it you who got that message from some guy asking if you washed your private parts?
I remember someone asking me if he could 'clean' them for me by licking my ass...eww.
And I'm not even sure what is triggering messages like these. My profile pic shows half of my face and I'm not implying in any way (or at least not that I'm aware of) that I might be into things like that.
Old 07-10-2013, 05:46 PM

Yesterday from a 35 year old with no profile except the list of what he's looking for

at 4:05PM

"Hi Magdlyn
I love your pics
would you give a younger guy a chance to take you out
my name is ___
What is your name? "

at 4:12

"hello"

at 4:54PM

"hey magdlyn
I love your sexy pics
you like younger guys? "

at 5:06PM

"hello you there?"

also at 5:06PM

"love the pic of you in your underwear "

I guess he finally came after that! No more messages. Ugh.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

miss pixi, 37
Old 07-12-2013, 01:05 AM

Red face Random

This was my favorite last week: I was on briefly, and about to move on to another activity, when I got the chat pop-up that said, simply,

"Ta-da!!"

I had no idea who the person was, and I suspect that's exactly why he sent that - so I would click over and review his profile to see if he was someone I actually recognized. I debated with myself for a full 60 seconds whether or not I wanted to go down that road, and I finally folded and answered him with:

"Does that usually work for you?" To which he responded, "Dunno, I'm trying something new. " It did make me laugh, and I told him so. I guess it worked in getting me to respond to him. I didn't carry the conversation beyond that, but I was pretty amused.

Arabella - Me, 34, female
DH - Arabella's Husband, 34, male
~
Mr. C. - Arabella's boyfriend, 33, male, married to E
E - Mr. C's wife, 33, female
~
M - Arabella's Boyfriend, 45, male
D2 - DH's girlfriend, 26, female
Old 07-12-2013, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Do you think 9in is too big !!?
Classy.
Old 07-12-2013, 11:57 AM

Default This week's gems

This week, the following clunkers were found in my OKC inbox.

From a 59% match:
hi hun..how are u today..very nice pics..u are a very attractive woman..care for some friendly chat?
Hun? Ugh! Obviously, he didn't read my profile (I say to message me if at least a 75% match or more). And why do these schmucks think all a woman needs is a compliment to be interested? Blocked immediately.

Then this:
I would send you stars, but don't see that feature...Beautiful narrative, heartfelt...and complete! Geesh, I listed directors... But there are other things to speak of, and conversate on. Best to you in all this. And BTW: pretty damn original moniker! Cheers to you, richard
Stars? Well, while it was polite enough, he didn't get specific enough to make me think he actually read my profile. And then he wrote "conversate." Oy. We're supposedly a 92% match, but he's only answered about 150 questions in comparison to my 700+, so it isn't really going to be very accurate in that regard. Besides, he claims to be 56 but looks to be over 70. No thanks.

Finally:
Ciao, how are you?
How has your night been?
Hope to talk sometime.
Luigi
Poor Luigi is a 32% match. I blocked him after sending him, er... an illuminating message about why I'm not interested.

Slim pickin's going on over there lately.

"Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me." ~Bryan Ferry
"Love and the self are one . . ." ~Leo Buscaglia "

An excellent blog post against hierarchy in polyamory: http://solopoly.net/2014/10/31/why-i...short-version/

Last edited by nycindie; 07-12-2013 at 12:20 PM.
Old 07-12-2013, 12:55 PM

After moving to a new city, a friend of mine recently mentioned the much more suitable crop of OKC potential suitors in her new area and the reduction in messages she receives from people who have obviously not bothered to read her profile. I mention it only because I love the phrase she used to describe the behaviour: "spamming for clam".
Old 07-12-2013, 01:16 PM

I tweaked my profile yesterday, which brings you to people's feeds. So, I had about 50 lookers and 8 guys message me throughout the day. All boring or gross.

miss pixi, 37
Old 07-12-2013, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emm View Post
"spamming for clam".
HA! Never heard that one yet! LMAO

OKC Profile

Me: bi, reformed wild-child turned mom and house maid LOL
Crux: straight/hypersexual, possibly mono?
BC: our son, 5 years
CM: second son 9 months.
Mouse: girlfriend! Status new, feelings not so much.

Tags
communication, online dating