Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 07-07-2013, 01:43 AM

Default STI scare & recovery

In October of 2012 I encountered an STI scare with my 2 partners.

My primary, K, was with his other partner and was informed me that I had to get tested. I was devestated. I will not go into the sordid details of his misconduct but K and I have managed to work through the issues over the following months.

However my then secondary, J, who stuck by me and is now also a primary has trust issues resulting around K. It has opened up a world of issues in our relationship but I do not want to lose J since he has always been there for me. However he is trying to deal with his issues with K and it has caused issues in our own relationship now.

It has been 9 months and I am seeing the clearing in the woods as it were and J has once again become "ok" enough with K. However I do feel guilty. K has become more attentive and is trying to pull me away from J.

I love both of them but it seems that once I make things right with J things with K get hectic and vice versa.

Im not sure if I;m the only one who has ever encountered this issue but I am looking for feedback.

Any advice and everything is welcomed.

~PolyAnna
Old 07-07-2013, 03:29 AM

If my husband put myself and Murf at risk doing something stupid. He would no longer be my partner. Plain and simple. I don't care if I love him or the fact we've been together over 12 years. Risking my health and the health of someone who has been a wonderful addition to my life is down right disrespectful.
In a V relationship with an average 60/40 split of time. Only due to Murf's and Butch's crappy work schedules.