Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-05-2013, 01:49 AM

Default cheating wife started my poly relationship

hi gang. Here is the short sweet version. My wife opened up the idea of going poly because she was interested in women. She ended up having both an emotional and physical affair with the husband of the woman she was interested in. She also had a physical and emotional relationship with his wife that I was fully knowledgeable of and gave consent to. It was her interest in this woman that opened up our relationship to poly. I told her that if she was willing to go down that path that I should be allowed to pursue her good friend who I have had a very flirtatious relationship with over the last couple years. I was able to convince her friend to start dating me, and a couple months later I found out about her affair with the husband. I was furious, I don't think I was in my right mind and as a result verbally abused her and kicked her out of the house for several days. I decided to take her back and tried to work on getting back to forgiving her and loving her (we have 2 young boys). One of the terms of our being reunited was that she was no longer allowed to date outside of our marriage. I on the other hand am unwilling to stop dating her friend as we have both fallen deeply in love with each other. This happened about 6 months ago and I'm still fighting the desire to leave her. The days get better as more time passes so I think I'm over the hump. She is angry at me for taking her friend from her. What are your thoughts about this whole mess ? What if I told you the other man was my cousin?

Last edited by graviton; 07-05-2013 at 01:51 AM.