Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-29-2010, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubyfish View Post
It kind of reminds me of some of the profiles I've read on okcupid for women that say they are bisexual, but aren't interested in dating or even hearing from cis-gendered straight men. Okay, whatever floats their boat. And then when you read deeper or talk to them, they also have no interest in women who date cis-gendered straight men. I don't quite understand, but I think it's a little like the person you replied to.
I always list myself as bisexual on dating sites, but I've already got one guy in my life and that's plenty! It would be very misleading for me to list myself as a lesbian, even if I'm only looking for women. Most of those sites make you list what gender you're seeking, so you can be a "married, bisexual, polyamorous woman seeking women." As long as they're not posting as "bisexual woman seeking either" then they aren't being misleading.

While I can see how it would be frustrating for you to keep stumbling on these women, I don't think there's anything wrong with only wanting to date women who are lesbians. I agree that it doesn't make logical sense, but I think that lesbians and bisexual women have very different life experiences, and I can understand why a woman would want to be with someone who has the lesbian perspective. It does, however, put them in a very narrow dating pool, since a lot of lesbians refuse to date bisexual women.

Last edited by quila; 01-29-2010 at 06:38 PM.