Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 07-01-2013, 09:32 PM

My picket fence would have the four of us continuing to live together. Issues with me and woodsmith working out. Issues regarding Darkeye/Lamian/Primal working out. And a loss of hierarchy. And me being able to stay home and be a housewife/service sub to all of them and continuing to be Primal's slave (and us being able to go 24/
Merry: Tig's wife/slave
NT: Merry's boyfriend/owner
Elle: NT and Merry girlfriend
Umbra: Elle's Dom
Pet: Umbra's slave/wife, Elle girlfriend
Domo: Pet's submissive
Old 07-02-2013, 11:32 AM

Reading through this thread made me start imagining my "white picket fence", with the result that I was totally unable to do that. My mind refuses to paint a "goal picture" for me. Apparently I am too excited about the incompleteness of the present and all the possibilities in the future to limit my options. 'Cause I think that too clear a "plan" in my mind would make me blind for other options that might come along.
Old 07-02-2013, 09:24 PM

Default Searching For My Picket Fence

I am brand new here and really trying to figure out exactly what my white picket fence would look like. :-P

My husband and I have been married almost 8 years now. About 4 years ago we started swinging. While we haven't done it a whole lot as parents to young children we have enjoyed it. A couple of years ago we met a couple who were polyamorous. While it didn't seem to work well for them, it really did get me thinking about how it could work.

For awhile now we have been talking about polyamory. It really seems to call to me. My husband's ideal would be a triad. It isn't that he's against other options, but that it appeals to him the most. I will admit that my bi-sexual side has been proving to me that I am more bi-sexual than I thought which makes this idea sound good.

In the end though, we are just hoping to follow where the wind takes us and to whatever new relationships are out there...
Old 07-04-2013, 04:00 AM

Cool My picket fence.....

My white picket fence is Lady and Sith and I all living together again. Happy and together. In a home we own. Surrounded by our kids and friends and families. And things worked out with Lady's ex in a way that he is at least civil for the kids sakes. And open abundant communication all around. Life would pretty stinking perfect. :-P

Karma's a bitch and Murphy's her brother

I am, as always, only me
Old 07-04-2013, 11:39 PM

There are a lot of white picket fences of cohabitating. I guess my thing is that I'm not sure that would work for me. I mean, would I love for both of them to be close? Absolutely! Except, I know neither of them are comfortable living together. I may be the type to love a big naked puppy pile of people sleeping in a giant ass bed every night, but that's not necessarily the kind of thing that the people I'm in love with want! So for me it's hard to imagine a goal that means it's EXACTLY what I want knowing full well it's not what they want or makes them comfortable.

So I will say I guess, that the best is, a house of our own. With a yard, I want a willow tree in the back that keeps it shady and cool in the summer. An area for the kid to grow her garden, and a dog. Yeah, I want a freakin' dog! A Yorkie! I want to figure out sewing so I can make all the vintage clothing I want and can't afford! I want hubby happy at his job, I want to make a semi decent living at my writing. I want BF within half an hour to an hour driving distance. I want him to have his position as Chaplain in the military and I want him to have the family he wants when he's ready for it.

I want a few, not a lot, close friends. To go to drag shows with, to take dancing, and to have laid back pic nics in the yard and ride bikes with. I want to be near water so I can swim and skinny dip! I want a girlfriend some day that is okay with me not being 'gay enough' to be lesbian, but too gay to be a straight. I want my kids to all graduate, and do what they want after. College, training, traveling. I want weekly massages!

Oh, and I still want to be a Suicide Girl. Though I'm probably too old now and will have to see if they take Suicide Women.
Old 07-06-2013, 03:19 PM

I'd love to be living in one house with both of my primaries, being open about our relationship with our friends and families

Unfortunately I dont see this happening as there are issues right now, but are doing our best to work through them. I am hoping that within a the next couple months (perhaps more, though I hope not) these issues will be gone.
Old 07-06-2013, 07:08 PM

Tree house in BC.

The most dangerous phrase in the English language is "we've always done it this way."
Old 07-08-2013, 07:05 PM

South of France, somewhere near Marseille or Cassis. Preferably somewhere near the sea, with both my loves and other assorted lovers nearby. Probably living with Fly, with Moonlight in her own place but very close. Getting fat on olive oil and ratatouille, and sloshed on rosť every afternoon. Kitties, chickens, a garden, sunshine and salt water. We have a lot of friends in the area, so people visiting, letting me cook for them, would make my heart happy.

Moonlight would never move overseas, though, so it's mine and Fly's dream, and is sort of our retirement plan. We need to stay put for at least another 9 years, anyway, because of Kiddo's mom.

So, in more near-future terms, my picket fence would be everything as it is, except with Moonlight living closer, hopefully in my neighborhood or next door.

- Moonlight, single, leans monogamous, girlfriend since 6/2012
- Punk, married guy, poly, FWB since 9/2011 with an emphasis on the "F"
- No longer lives with ex-boyfriend Fly (1/2006 - 12/2013, my introduction to nonmonogamy, ultimately amicable breakup), and his 10-year-old son Kiddo
Old 07-11-2013, 04:24 AM

I want a nice little compound in South America. Running a business or two. Me and my boyfriend and our girlfriend and my kids living there and our home open to everyone. I kinda envision a variation of a commune type set up where we are not the only people there.

Tags
configurations, dreams, expectations, hopes, ideals