Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 06-10-2013, 02:07 AM

Oh dear, breaking a date with one partner in favor of another partner is a bad habit to get into. Be careful with that. You have plans, stick to them- otherwise, you teach certain people in your life that they can always have their way and walk all over your plans, while giving the impression to other people that they are not as important to you. Tread cautiously!

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein
Old 06-21-2013, 01:22 PM

Talking Gingers on a rant

Mouse and I are going to a movie tonight. This is our first out date since hanging at her house, meeting for coffe, or even meeting her at her work to have lunch together could be something friends do. But a movie. Close sitting, ear whispering, worrying about my popcorn breath cause I can't for the life of me NOT get dill pickle seasoning for my popcorn.

I woke up this morning with butterflies and in the past two hours have changed my ideas on what to wear twice and stumbled around with what in the world I'm going to do with my hair. I'm not normally like is. I am an "as you see me kinda person".
I rarely brush my hair, it just curls better when you don't. I'm a ginger with the pale skin and freckles who can't remember what shade of red her hair actually is for real. I have some self-image issues because let's face it, I had a baby nine months ago, I'm allowed to stress about the stretch marks on top of stretch marks.
Oh a the patchwork greying.... 27 and I'm finding greys at an alarming rate....

I'm bringing a soft case for my phone cause anything else I bring to occupy my hands will look weird. Why the soft case you ask? Cause with all the nervous wrenching and fiddling I would rather not inflict undue stress on my knuckles. LOL.

WHAT I NEED IS SOMEONE TO LOOK ME IN THE EYE (or type it) THAT I NEED TO WAKE UP AND FOCUS.
Being a sissy like this is just falling backwards into the snide, unsure and frontally confident mess I normally am.

But I'm way to excited to listen to myself. :P

OKC Profile

Me: bi, reformed wild-child turned mom and house maid LOL
Crux: straight/hypersexual, possibly mono?
BC: our son, 5 years
CM: second son 9 months.
Mouse: girlfriend! Status new, feelings not so much.
Old 06-21-2013, 01:28 PM

And to top it all off Crux had to go and send me a text. Now I'm even more nervous!

He's being encouraging and sweet to calm me down. He knows me. Telling e things like "No, don't leave me a list about how to care for the kids. I'm ther dad. I can do this. Stop fretting!" Or my fave so far, "I wasn't born yesterday, you ninny. I know it's bath night. Now leave me alone so I can work. :P"

Every stresser needs one of him, in my opinion.

Excited to see Mouse!

OKC Profile

Old 06-21-2013, 07:48 PM

You need to wake up and focus!

Stakes - very intimate friend
Old 06-21-2013, 10:12 PM

Red face

Thanks Evad (Dave), I needed that I'm almost to the mall.
Crux was late getting home tonight. The ferry was stopped due to service issues. I'm not mad, worried In going to be late more so. I can't be mad because its not like their are alternatives of transportation from an island. Lol. I just hope I don't miss the ads. I love the pre-show. I know, strange. Oh well. Eating Crux at the mall since its half way between us. Works well.

OKC Profile

Old 06-22-2013, 01:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malfunktions View Post
Eating Crux at the mall since its half way between us. Works well.

Nom nom nom?
Stakes - very intimate friend
Old 07-11-2013, 05:25 PM

Default The Ginger Diaries

Ugh, this heat is melting me from the inside out!
So quite a fun-filled weekend this weekend. I had to re-arrange!
I'm NEVER so busy that I have to do that. Late? Yes. Side-tracked? Yes. Waylayed by children? Most definitely. But so busy I had to re-arrange? RARELY.

The fam jam has been invited to go camping this weekend with friends. Mouse and I made plans to meet up Friday and go to a riverside patio before we were invited. Crux wants to go as a family but I'm refusing to break my commitment. Also, a bunch of our friends and theirs friends and so on are goin tubing down the river on Saturday. I had previously told them we weren't sure if we'd go to that either. We are terrible plan makers cause we forget who we've told yes to so a lot of our planning is day of or day before. So, Crux and BC may go camping and i'll so the other things.

Sunday is the day I'm most worried about..

A while back I hooked my best friend and co-worker up with Crux's brother. They got pregnant. Then crux and I got pregnant with the same due date. Pure happenstance, i swear. It was supposed to be fun being pregnant and working together. We'd always have the support of each other. But her life went spinning short way through. They were on again, off again. I stood by her side, brunted her attacks to everyone, included me, and comforted her.
The boys were born and life went south. Every so often she messages me berating me with another one of her outrageous accusations. I don't talk of her. When people ask what's happened with us I reply simply that ,"things change" and change the subject.
The biggest problem is that our guys are brothers and hers is mines employee and very closest friend. I hate our feud, or should I say HER feud. I truly believe there are bi-polar tendencies there because a few days later ill get sorry messages. I try to ignore them.
This is relevant to Sunday because her son was born a month early. His first birthday is on Sunday. I'm nervous about going because she will be there but we are family now. Our sons are cousins. I'm going to be the bigger person and go I think just to show that she can't widdle my subservience anymore. I am not superior to anyone but I won't be treated like shoegum, once enjoyed but then tossed once the taste has gone.

And In amongst all this I have to begin a massive fundraising feat. I have to raise 32,500$ by April so my cadets can go to visit the Canadian Vimy and D-Day Trail. A commenorative Educational Tour dedicated to the education of the D-Day and Vimy Anniversaries. A 10-day, multi-trek from Amsterdam to Paris experience of a lifetime. I make the proposal presentation to the parents on Tuesday.

WISH ME LUCK!

OKC Profile

Last edited by Malfunktions; 07-11-2013 at 05:30 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 07-11-2013, 07:42 PM

Default Speed demon goes Instagram

I got my first speeding ticket last week. I didn't argue or try to get out of it. I was coasting down a very rural hill that had a road link up to it at the bottom when I didn't notice the cop till too late.

So, I'm waiting to sign my ticket while laughing and jokin with him since he reduced to the minimum fine of 172.50$ from 338$. It's not free but it was progress and he deserved a smile for it. As he was explaining my ticket I posted to fb that I was getting my first speeding ticket. I told him that I was and he laughed about it saying, "as long as you do it while you're parked." Of course! But what makes a speeding ticket better? A pic to go with it.

Me- Mind if I take a pic of the lights in my rear view?
Cop- Why?
Me- For my update, it would really top it off.
He laughed and shrugs non-committedly.
Cop- if it were allowed you could take the pic of me too but I'm not sure it is.

Click! Done, sent and shared.

Later, I found out that the cop that ticketed me is a contact of Crux's. The cop brings jobs to our business and he says he doesn't know if I should flirt with his contacts.

How was I supposed to know?

OKC Profile

Old 08-05-2013, 06:47 PM

Default How to chastise someone else's child without being a tyrant.

Been lost in writing land lately, it's getting hard to concentrate due to friends have just moved in with us til their new house closes. Thing is, they also have a 5 year old who is very good friends with BC but he's a wild child who gets what he wants. He has always been given what he wants because he was low-level autistic but now that he's been downgraded to an average child with tendencies he is still given his every demand and has absolutely not manners or remorse.
I do not want my well-mannered, polite, and sweet little boy to become this new boy and I am already seeing signs of influence.

I have already been given permission to discipline as I require and that means time-out and removal of privileges just like I do with BC. I frequently watch this boy for them so I know he can be a great kid. I'm just having frustratingly stressful moments with him where he undermines my authority with BC by saying things like "don't listen, lets go do this". I put my foot down and tell him that's not nice to say and he ROLLS HIS EYES AT ME!

I've always loved kids and can relate to them probably better than I should but this one tests me and his parents shrug it off but I also don't tell them all he does because I know nothing will change... And they are advantage takers. They use us. But here's the real kicker....

They are family.

Any suggestions on addressing them about the boy?

OKC Profile

Old 09-06-2013, 03:28 PM

If you noticed there's an addition to my signature. That's right, Mouse used the G-word yesterday and I giggled in glee. We don't get to see each other a whole lot but text like mad. She has been calming words when I'm stressed as I hope I've been to her in her time of need as well.

Crux and I are doing very well. He's said he was happy for us and chuckled when he said:

"Now I get to say my girlfriend has a girlfriend."

He thinks he's the shit by proxy now.

BC started school yesterday. While I thought I'd be sad to see him go, when we got home after dropping him off it was a very good nap.

Baby is now 1. Where the hell did a year go?

I started a crunch and squat challenge and I seriously think I'm killing myself...

OKC Profile

Tags
blog, non-monogamy, relationship, triad, vee