Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 06-18-2013, 05:53 PM
Banned

If you piss on an electric fence, that won't send the current up the stream. I saw an exhibit about this some years back at the Museum of Science. THey put a stream of water in a strobe-lit chamber and showed how it is not really a solid stream of water but lots of little droplets that are so close together your eyes can't distinguish where one ends and the others begin. And even if it was a solid stream, you wouldn't get the electrons to travel up it because once the urine hits the surface the molecules and ions fall down and don't get back up.

So piss on the electric fence as much as you want. you won't hurt anything.
Old 06-18-2013, 06:45 PM
Banned

Default water by itself won't conduct electricity

It has to have some dissolved minerals in it and I don't know if you've been around electric fences much, but there is a world of difference between the shock you feel pissing on the fence as compared to pissing on it with a good ground. For example, some fences have metal stakes with a good couple of feet of the stake driven into the ground, a firm grip on such a good ground delivers such a more powerful jolt that it often causes involuntary urination. So if your already peeing on it when it happens (which it will deliver a shock, esp with a firm grip on a good ground) it'd be like killing one bird with two stones.

Although most shoot for the occurrence the other way around
Old 06-18-2013, 06:52 PM
Banned

Default Yabbut...

...did you know that if you stick your tongue into a live wall receptacle, NOTHING HAPPENS? Try it and let me know if I'm right. I'll wait here.
Old 06-18-2013, 07:41 PM
Banned

Default Asshole!

I could have just died I hope you know, I just glad I didn't use my tongue, I should have asked Maca before listening to you. I have to go now as the shock was so severe it burnt my hand. Sometimes I like typing one handed, but this isn't one of those times. If my vision doesn't return to normal within a few hours I'll be back to exchange insurance info because i am going to file a claim (and I already have a screen shot to prove there was NO smiley or anything to indicate sarcasm, not cool)

Last edited by Dirtclustit; 06-18-2013 at 08:01 PM. Reason: none
Old 06-18-2013, 08:14 PM
Banned

OK, I have to tell everyone my big secret.

Me and dirtclustit are the same person.

Dirtclustit and I, I mean.

I will stop posting in this thread now. Sorry LR.

Last edited by BoringGuy; 06-18-2013 at 08:16 PM.
Old 06-18-2013, 11:30 PM

Sneac-can't even imagine trying to piss on a fence. But-that IS what my dad says. LOL!
Old 06-20-2013, 03:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingRadiance View Post
I came up the stairs and told her to go to her room-she just lost all privileges for the day (LAME since I was planning to take them all to the lake). She's confined to her room for the day, no radio, no movies, no cd books, no friends.
Not even books, LR? What is she supposed to do all day, just stare into space? Just asking out of curiosity.

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein
Old 06-20-2013, 05:00 AM

Oh no no no. She has LOTS of books (hundreds). No cd books, audio books. Basically, no electronics.

She had her legos, her billions of books, her craft stuff (she likes to bead and do perler bead projects), coloring books, etc.
Just no electronics.

At any rate-that had a comical consequence (comical for me). She has been reading for a couple of months-but she doesn't BELIEVE she can read yet. But-having no electronics got boring (as you noted). I checked on her every little bit and her brother went down to talk to her several times about how she feels and what she can do to avoid being in trouble etc (they actually have an AMAZINGLY wonderful relationship).
Anyway-I go to check on her and I hear her sounding out a word-so I stop, out of view and listen. She figures out the word and goes on to read through the page in one of her books, and kept going-through the book. I just smiled and listened in on her as she read out loud to herself.

Later, she informed me, "well there is ONE good thing about getting in trouble mom."
Me-"really? What is that?" (in a not highly impressed tone of voice)
Her-"well-I figured out how to read and so now I can read my books by myself even if no one else wants to read them!"
I contained my giggles and told her I was glad she learned to do that-that was very good. But, just maybe she could learn cool things without the getting in trouble part and that would be better for everyone!

Today-a friend from high school popped in. She sat and talked to him (he's a great kid person) and told him exactly why she got in trouble. He asked her if she misunderstood me. She said, "no. I knew she told me no, but I just didn't like it and I didn't think she would come check." She went on to tell him that she wasn't going to do that anymore-that I ALWAYS know when she does something wrong and that is SO annoying!
She went into great detail about why its important to listen to what your parents say, obey their instructions (even if you don't understand WHY). He gave her all sorts of "what if..." and she had the perfect response every time. It was so adorable!

Anyway-I think this particular growing up moment has been managed quickly and fairly easily.
All things said-as much as I hate going through the difficult steps-it's SO NICE that the kids learn so well when things are calm, clear-cut, drama-free and basic. It makes parenting so much easier and it makes life so much more fun!
Old 06-20-2013, 12:33 PM

Wow, I wish my parenting challenges turned out this well! Sounds like it turned into a pretty satisfying day :-)
Old 06-20-2013, 04:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildflowers View Post
Wow, I wish my parenting challenges turned out this well! Sounds like it turned into a pretty satisfying day :-)
Quote:
She had her legos, her billions of books, her craft stuff (she likes to bead and do perler bead projects), coloring books, etc.
Just no electronics.
Well I gotta admit, if someone put me through that kind of torture when I was that age, I would have cleaned up my act right then and maybe I wouldn't be this way all these years later.

Tags
commitment, family oriented, love, lovingradiance, progress, v formation, vee dynamics